Sign in to follow this  
EndangeredShark

Women's March

So, I figured its about time we discuss the women's March that has been taking place around many states and countries. What are your thoughts on it?

Personally, I feel it was a demonstration if rights, not the rights we don't already but the rights we do have and that people will fight for them and keep them protected. I don't feel it was a stand against democracy but I get the feeling it was made that way by some.

However, I've seen a lot of witch hunts for women who did not attend and I think that's very disheartening, its been mostly extreme feminists who instead of celebrating a march that got the world to listen are instead bitter because tswift or Kim k didn't show up. 

Give us your thoughts.

• Upvote 1

I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. People are free to protest/march for whatever they want, and I like the fact that people are actually doing something about what they strongly believe in.

My main problems are:

1. The people protesting because they want equal rights. They already have equal rights, and they are idiots. I kept seeing pictures of people holding signs saying "As a woman I one day hope to have as many rights as a gun". That is honestly one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard in my life. I guess you don't want to be allowed into certain places, maybe need a license to go out in public, and certain sizes of you should be illegal? So fucking stupid. 

2. People protesting because they want to keep their rights. No one is threatening to take your rights from you. It just wouldn't happen. Anyone who thinks that any rights will be taken from them is just paranoid and doesn't understand how government works.

3. People protesting over Trump. This accomplishes nothing. This one kinda goes hand-in-hand with #2. These people think that Trump wants to take their rights away, and to those people who believe that, I cannot blame you for protesting in the way that you are. If he really was going to take your rights away, I'd encourage you to protest. Thing is, Trump isn't going to take your rights away, and he couldn't even if he wanted to.

I'd recommend giving this video a watch, it sums up my thoughts for the most part, and it also explains how it's ludicrous to think that any rights are going to be taken from anyone:

To sum it up: I love the idea of people protesting/marching for something that they truly believe in/feel so strongly about. However, the majority of them are misinformed and are marching/protesting over nothing.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

I thought the whole thing was pretty dumb. People are free to protest/march for whatever they want, and I like the fact that people are actually doing something about what they strongly believe in.

My main problems are:

1. The people protesting because they want equal rights. They already have equal rights, and they are idiots. I kept seeing pictures of people holding signs saying "As a woman I one day hope to have as many rights as a gun". That is honestly one of the most idiotic things I've ever heard in my life. I guess you don't want to be allowed into certain places, maybe need a license to go out in public, and certain sizes of you should be illegal? So fucking stupid. 

2. People protesting because they want to keep their rights. No one is threatening to take your rights from you. It just wouldn't happen. Anyone who thinks that any rights will be taken from them is just paranoid and doesn't understand how government works.

3. People protesting over Trump. This accomplishes nothing. This one kinda goes hand-in-hand with #2. These people think that Trump wants to take their rights away, and to those people who believe that, I cannot blame you for protesting in the way that you are. If he really was going to take your rights away, I'd encourage you to protest. Thing is, Trump isn't going to take your rights away, and he couldn't even if he wanted to.

I'd recommend giving this video a watch, it sums up my thoughts for the most part, and it also explains how it's ludicrous to think that any rights are going to be taken from anyone:

To sum it up: I love the idea of people protesting/marching for something that they truly believe in/feel so strongly about. However, the majority of them are misinformed and are marching/protesting over nothing.

These were my main problems, however I think there was good intent in it and if it gets the gov to listen in a peaceful manner then its something we should admire and really try to achieve again should it actually be needed.

I just said in discord that during trumps inauguration day that our gov rolled in a scheme in which women who give birth to a child from rape have to prove its because of rape to receive tax credits if it's your third child, which makes zero sense because I'm sure the cut off is two children anyway. I'm not saying this for women's rights in saying this because look at the treatment of disabled people under gov schemes, its atrocious and these cases are going to be handled just as badly.

I hope that people protesting peacefully and showing they're against things like this on such mass scales will prevent govs in Europe and America from just rolling in and out legislation that'll never impact them. I guess time will tell if it did anything.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this