Let's discuss them, I put it in lifestyle because it is s choice that impacts your life style. I thought we could discuss this because quite often there is a stigma on women to have them, how many and at what age, but rarely men get brought into this and its your life too.

Do you guys want them?

Do you have any? What's it like?

If you do or don't want children then how come?

Does the stigma bother you?

Personally, I think I want some someday, but I don't feel my life will by any less because I don't have children, it's really not on my list of priorities for life, not only that but there are concerns I have family health wise I wouldn't want to bring children into the world to deal with and I think I'd prefer to adopt.

However, I do love having a nephew to spoil rotten. I have gotten more so now then ever that I should have them now and people use excuses like "what about when you're old who'll take care of you" and "you'll regret it when you're older", I'm 23 trying to build a life, why would people put that pressure on you?

The idea that my life would be less and yours more for our choices has always baffled me, we live two different lives and if you feel fulfilled and happy with kids then I'm really pleased for you, but telling people that their lives would be less is a pretty cruel thing to do I think.

Success doesn't just mean career wise, if you're happy, healthy and love the life your living, then you are already successful, so in the same breath, none mothers need to stop telling people their lives are ruined by children.

• Upvote 2

This is a very touchy topic I think for certain people. I'm just extremely glad that Holly is not here to witness this.

I feel like I am perhaps too young to think about children, it's a strange thing though when I think of certain friends I had in school who may not even be 21 right now but have somehow managed to have two kids.

I think the hardest part of deciding to have them is who will you have them with.

That also includes adoption, not that I am an expert or anything but I'm pretty sure both parents would need to be assessed by a social worker of sorts before being allowed to adopt. I have thought about adoption, partially for selfish reasons and partially for selfless reasons.
My family have a history of high cholesterol, although thankfully it seems to have managed to skip me, there is also an issue with thyroids as well as the occasional cancer. On the other hand, if you raise a child with good health and loads of exercise, don't shout or fight near them etc and just be a good parent, I think certain hereditary issues wouldn't really be that much of an issue.

I think overall, I would want to have a child, I don't really see it as a necessity right now but sometimes I do, I also love the idea of it, especially since my niece and nephew were born, its so cool to see how the genetics mix together and how beautiful they are to you because it's like you know them SO well because they're a mix of two people you know already. Seeing them walk for the first time, having them talk to you in gibberish...

It's just amazing I guess, it's definitely a case of raising them well in order to benefit from the good times versus the stressful times.

I'll stop babbling now.

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, Viiolai said:

This is a very touchy topic I think for certain people. I'm just extremely glad that Holly is not here to witness this.

I feel like I am perhaps too young to think about children, it's a strange thing though when I think of certain friends I had in school who may not even be 21 right now but have somehow managed to have two kids.

I think the hardest part of deciding to have them is who will you have them with.

That also includes adoption, not that I am an expert or anything but I'm pretty sure both parents would need to be assessed by a social worker of sorts before being allowed to adopt. I have thought about adoption, partially for selfish reasons and partially for selfless reasons.
My family have a history of high cholesterol, although thankfully it seems to have managed to skip me, there is also an issue with thyroids as well as the occasional cancer. On the other hand, if you raise a child with good health and loads of exercise, don't shout or fight near them etc and just be a good parent, I think certain hereditary issues wouldn't really be that much of an issue.

I think overall, I would want to have a child, I don't really see it as a necessity right now but sometimes I do, I also love the idea of it, especially since my niece and nephew were born, its so cool to see how the genetics mix together and how beautiful they are to you because it's like you know them SO well because they're a mix of two people you know already. Seeing them walk for the first time, having them talk to you in gibberish...

It's just amazing I guess, it's definitely a case of raising them well in order to benefit from the good times versus the stressful times.

I'll stop babbling now.

About the same, actually. I'd love to have children, but there are just too many complications, even if you don't consider the whole 'being a parent' thing as a complication.

In the future, yeah, I could see myself raising a little Asian kid to be a straight A stereotype... For now, we're sticking with cats. Lots and lots of cats.

• Upvote 2

I'm not for or against having children. Would depend on how the other person felt, I'd probably just go with that.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't want to have children but if I got anyone preggies by accident I would do my duty as a father and take care of the baby.

If anything though, I would adopt. There are so many children without loving families and it makes me angry that no one wants them so why ignore them.

• Upvote 2

i absolutely hate children and hope someone in the near future eradicates them all 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, bryanna said:

i absolutely hate children and hope someone in the near future eradicates them all 

Don't you dare talk shit about my Princess.

• Upvote 3

I think it's good that it's not a decision any of you would take lightly to just have kids for the sake of it. 

When I was younger it's not something I ever thought about, in fact I couldn't think of anything worse than having to give up my life to look after and bring up a child. I'm not sure if it was me being selfish or maybe I thought I'd never manage to cope, I mean actually have a child, bring it up and both of us survive😵 . I do sometimes think I'd have enjoyed being a parent and would have loved to teach, care and nurture a real baby human but realistically I don't know what I've missed so I don't really have any regrets. 

My partner is a lot older than myself and it's not something either of us have felt a strong desire to have. I manage to keep myself busy in other ways 😂🍷🐶

plus I have lost of nieces and nephews (5 of each) to waste money on, wind them up and can hand them back at the end of the day lol

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, bryanna said:

i absolutely hate children and hope someone in the near futurearrow-10x10.png eradicates them all 

You want to eradicate all future humans? That's not only horrible, but dumb. 

darwin.png

• Downvote 3

20 hours ago, EndangeredShark said:

Do you guys want them?

If you do or don't want children then how come?

Fuck no.
I fucking hope not.
Expensive, noisy, smelly, messy, time consuming, lifedraining and fuck no.
Nope, considering a vasectomy to remove any chance of spawning a devilbaby.

13 hours ago, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

You want to eradicate all future humans? That's not only horrible, but dumb. 

darwin.png

joke

head

• Upvote 1

I love the idea of having kids and watching them grow and learn. I want to have around 3 kids, but not until i am older as i don't want to be a young mum as i think that sometimes it can affect they way you are with your child/ children. 

• Upvote 2

Cee you know me and by now most people who are regulars know my answer.

Fuck no I don't want kids. You lose a huge amount of freedom once you have kids. You don't get the free time that you have all the time without kids. 

Just no.

• Downvote 1

hmmm wonder what my response will be....

Do you guys want them?

Absolutely. I'd prefer to be a foster parent/adopt but if I'm with a partner who really wants to have a biological child then I'd be willing to have one. If I didn't have kids at all I know I'd feel unhappy and dissatisfied with my life. I've always loved children, I've always mothered any younger kids than me even as a child, I've never grown out of that. I know it's different when you have them because they definitely take up all of your time and drain you, but unlike most people I'm not worried about it. I've been around young kids my entire life and even when they throw tantrums I'm fine. The pros tremendously outweigh the cons for me.

No, just a cat and a dog.

It only bothers me when I'm dating someone and I immediately get asked "when are you going to get married and have kids?" Look people, I'm not sure what it was like in your days but I'd like to have a stable relationship with the person I'm going to have children with and that's going to take years to build, not months. Let me just enjoy my time with them before throwing another needy human into the mix.

I'm not sure if I want them. Atleast not now as I just turned fucking 20. Maybe later in life but not now.

• Upvote 1