ragreynolds

What is your diet? (Omnivore, veggie, freegan)

What is your diet?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your diet?

• Omnivore (a person who doesn't actively avoid any specific foods)
    • Vegetarian (a person who doesn't eat meat)
    • Vegan (a person who does not eat or use animal products)
    • Pescetarian (a person who does not eat meat but does eat fish)
    • Freegan (a person who rejects consumerism and instead eats off of recycled/discarded foods and products)

Vote for the diet that fits you best.

I'm obviously an omnivore. My diet is made up of mainly meat with the occasional non-meat product.

Well, i avoid sugar and flour products. (When i say sugar that includes the hidden sugar in products, specially the ones that are not supposed to have sugar).

Edited by Seito

i eat pretty much everything... and too much of it.
this spring im gonna grow my own veggies, eat more fish that ive caught myself and search for shellfish in low tide... mostly to see how many meals i can make out of my little setup, but also because im a cheapskate and everything in norway is expensive as fuck.

I'm an ectovore - my diet consists of eating insane amounts of food over the span of 6 months, stepping on a scale and congratulating myself for putting on almost 4 pounds.

5 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I'm an ectovore - my diet consists of eating insane amounts of food over the span of 6 months, stepping on a scale and congratulating myself for putting on almost 4 pounds.

i hate you quite a lot now.

You're definitely a vegetarian if you don't eat meat, no matter the reason. Vegetarian is a diet, not a life view. Where do you come up with this stuff?

Aaand I'm vegetarian. I actually eat a mostly vegan diet but I won't give up eggs so the vegetarian life is the life for me.

11 minutes ago, Sappho said:

You're definitely a vegetarian if you don't eat meat, no matter the reason. Vegetarian is a diet, not a life view. Where do you come up with this stuff?

If you are purposely choosing not to eat meat, then sure, regardless of the reason, you're a vegetarian. But if you just so happen to go months on end without eating meat because you never fancied eating it, that doesn't mean you're a vegetarian, because you weren't purposely avoiding it.

If I just so happen to go through a whole year of my life without drinking or taking drugs, that doesn't mean that I'm straight edge. However, if I had purposely avoided those things (for whatever reason) then yes, I'd be straight edge.

My point is, being vegetarian means you are making an effort not to make meat. The reason for that could be one of many. If you aren't making an effort and just so happen to not eat it, that doesn't make you vegetarian.

TO BE FAIR, I didn't say what I'm saying now very well in the original post. I suppose 'not liking the taste' would be a reason you are actively avoiding it. I just think that's silly. I don't call myself some strange name because I avoid eating all sauces because I don't like them. But sure, you weirdos can have that one.

I'm the opposite of freegan. I'm a pro consumerist junk food loving motherfucker. I swear McDonalds has a claim on my soul or something.

• Upvote 1

I mostly eat a vegetarian diet, but on rare occasions I enjoy a chicken sandwich or a nice rack of lamb if I feel like it.

• Upvote 1