Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  14 members

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

What do you look for in video games?

ragreynolds    757

What's most important to you in a video game? For me it's a good single player story/campaign. I rarely play games simply for multiplayer, and I usually don't care about multiplayer for the most part.

The amount of content a game provides can also be quite important, and I'd rather it wasn't too easy, especially if it's a game filled with puzzles/crime solving.

SkyBlu    154

Content, especially in open world games. You got a big map? That's nice, I hope there's stuff to do.

Jim will tell you 

• Upvote 2

Seeker    113

I mainly play competitive multiplayer games, finding myself drawn most to games with high skill ceilings, low-mid skill floors and a healthy amount of allowed customization/personalization based on playstyle.

In single player games, I'unno. Some games just 'click' and feel right.

General good game traits are intuitive/mappable control schemes and decent replayability.

I like games where you can sit back, chill and play. Games that make you think, games with stealth, strategy and games where there's a lot of mystery involved.

Also cinematic games like Grand theft auto titles where you like the story and want to see it through the end.

ragreynolds    757
44 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

I like games where you can sit back, chill and play. Games that make you think, games with stealth, strategy and games where there's a lot of mystery involved.

Also cinematic games like Grand theft auto titles where you like the story and want to see it through the end.

I agree with all of that except the part about GTA. I don't think the story in any GTA game that I've played was very good at all. When I think cinematic or story driven, I think of games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, and Metal Gear Solid.

• Upvote 1

Fun singleplayer, first and foremost. I'm always up for multiplayer, but multiplayer exclusives are subject to to all sorts of issues. Don't like stories being slammed against my head; either make the story interactive (à la Mass Effect) or don't bother at all.

Story, style, gameplay. As long as the game isn't god ugly then I'll give it ago. I was going to say graphics but that would be the wrong word and I expect any new game out to have today's standards at the very least.

Any game that I can also take my time with and that I don't have to rush through it has to be a full and emersive open world that can keep bringing you back to it and it has to be interesting. 

Apart of that and ts4 not included I'll try before judging.

Replay value.

It's pretty pointless buying a game only to play through it once and then let it gather dust. That's why I like sandbox/open world games, because they tend to have good replay value, even if you get bored of it after a few days, you'll likely come back to play it within a month.

Edited by Flying_Squirrel

Sign in to follow this