Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
Flying_Squirrel

The Devolution of Society

Feedback  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Was the video good?

• No, it was complete utter shit
    • No, Jimmy Savile triggered me
    • No, I'm offended
    • No, your voice is more monotone than Vii's fire alarm (CHANGE THE BATTERY ON THE DAMN THING!!)
    • No, it gave me cancer, AIDS and everything in between
    • I thought it was okay, but the person I've just found on the floor killed themselves watching it, apparently
    • It was alright. Brb, going to bleach my ears

3 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Far from bad.

Thank you, what would you advise I do for improvements? 

4 hours ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

Show yourself and keep your voice the same. Thats how u get big

I would show myself, but my web cam is crap and I would have to cut the audio out from it and add the proper mic audio in. Which is probably easy to do, but I'm still getting used to editing some things.

As for keeping my voice the same. That's why I add changes in pitch to represent another person, because I find my voice is very monotone an pretty much incapable of impersonating another person. But I'll give it a shot in my next video.  

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    756
2 hours ago, Flying_Squirrel said:

Thank you, what would you advise I do for improvements? 

Nothing specific, I think you just need to keep putting out videos. Most people just get better with experience. Maybe make videos on more specific topics/issues rather than just having general/vague titles.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Nothing specific, I think you just need to keep putting out videos. Most people just get better with experience. Maybe make videos on more specific topics/issues rather than just having general/vague titles.

Thank you for the advise. Yeah, I thought my videos were a bit all over the place in the sense I was trying to cover a large amount of stuff all at once, without going into specifics. So I kind of end up bouncing back and forth from one topic to another without any real concrete structure. But like you say, it might be something that gets better in practice. But, I'll definitely actively try to improve the structure in future videos. 

ragreynolds    756
9 hours ago, Flying_Squirrel said:

What kind of content do you prefer? 

I have done various videos without showing myself, and I must say it's certainly a very different kind of video. You no longer have to worry about any sort of camera work or appearance, so in that sense, it's a huge relief and makes things easier. However, you must make sure you are actually saying something interesting and gripping, because if you start to bore the viewer even a little, they will just click off, whereas if you have video too, you could be holding them in with your appearence/presentation/basically what you're displaying to them, so your words don't always matter as much - they most certainly do still matter.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

I have done various videos without showing myself, and I must say it's certainly a very different kind of video. You no longer have to worry about any sort of camera work or appearance, so in that sense, it's a huge relief and makes things easier. However, you must make sure you are actually saying something interesting and gripping, because if you start to bore the viewer even a little, they will just click off, whereas if you have video too, you could be holding them in with your appearence/presentation/basically what you're displaying to them, so your words don't always matter as much - they most certainly do still matter.

Wonder whether it would be worth considering getting my camera from home when I go back at Easter. But I have found if I get myself worked up enough about a topic, I actually start to sound more genuine/enthusiastic and dare I say, less monotone. I recently went back through one of my older videos ("what is a 5th generation aircraft"), and for me it was a little bit of a slog to get through because of how boring and formal I sounded. It was like I was reading a column from the Daily Telegraph. To be honest I'm kind of tempted to delete that video and make a new one..

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    756
10 hours ago, Flying_Squirrel said:

Wonder whether it would be worth considering getting my camera from home when I go back at Easter. But I have found if I get myself worked up enough about a topic, I actually start to sound more genuine/enthusiastic and dare I say, less monotone. I recently went back through one of my older videos ("what is a 5th generation aircraft"), and for me it was a little bit of a slog to get through because of how boring and formal I sounded. It was like I was reading a column from the Daily Telegraph. To be honest I'm kind of tempted to delete that video and make a new one..

If you are passionate about a topic it certainly helps. I try to only make videos about topics I actually care about, as I've found that my content turns out miles better when I do that.

Rhalph    16
On 2/21/2017 at 8:23 PM, Flying_Squirrel said:

What kind of content do you prefer? 

This just seemed more podcast like the video didn't seem needed..and awkward. I like both podcasts and videos.

ragreynolds    756
1 minute ago, Rhalph said:

This just seemed more podcast like the video didn't seem needed..and awkward. I like both podcasts and videos.

I get what you're saying, but if someone is putting their content on YouTube then something is required to be there, even if it's just a still image. I have uploaded multiple videos that is just me talking over an image. I know of multiple much larger YouTubers who do the same thing quite often.

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this