ragreynolds

How often do you get ill?

How often would you say you tend to get ill? Does it happen a lot? By ill I'm talking about absolutely anything, ranging from the common cold to cancer. Give details.

I'd say I probably get a cold every 18 months or so. Other than that I don't really tend to get ill in any way. I used to get ill quite a lot in High School, and I had a bunch of weird things wrong with me. Other than a cold I probably don't get anything else more than once every 2 years.

I only get ill once a year for the most part. When I do it's fucking horrible.

i dont get sick often... only times i get properly sick is when someone at home gets pneumonia and doesnt "quarantine" themselves properly.

next time someone gets pneumonia im staying at the cabin for the next month.

I'm pretty lucky in that I rarely get colds or bugs or infections or anything like that. Saying that I've just got rid of a cold.

I'm not so lucky when it comes to some of my organs not functioning the way they should, my kidneys develops stones at an alarming rate which is really painful and for me unavoidable. I can go years without an episode of pain although the stones are always there. 

I also have 2 large stones sitting in my gallbladder but they don't cause me any problems so the surgeon has agreed to let me keep them at the moment. 

I do, on occasion (maybe 4-5 times a year) suffer from migraine which really sucks but I have medication to help deal with that.

I've also had more than my fair share of abscesses which have needed surgery to be removed. They have made me really sick and at one point I was on antibiotics for almost a year which made me more ill than anything!

Maybe twice in an average year, I seem to get ear infections the most and occasionally Bronchitis or something similar to Bronchitis, but usually I will get better without even seeing a doctor  (even if it takes weeks), because I don't really like to take time to see the Dr and sometimes they don't really help (such as when I made an appointment about my messed up foot, now it's been months and I'm no better off, I just press it on the ground towards the inside of my foot, with luck it will pop and release pressure; but sometimes it's locked  and I can't release the pressure) 

On average, probably about twice a year. Although, it depends on how you define ill. If you include migraines, then that figure goes up by a lot. However, I have had a sickness bug twice this year, which is most unlike me. 

I have a respiratory thing that pops up every now and then. It's mostly just coughing up mucus for a week or so. I also catch an ear infection at least once every summer from not taking proper care after swimming in dirty creeks and whatnot. Other than that, I'm peachy all year round.