Sign in to follow this  
Seeker

MisterMetokur

8 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

ok so?

This is the guy who constantly said "never gonna make money off the internet"

Something changed, but I'unno what it is.

22 minutes ago, Seeker said:

This is the guy who constantly said "never gonna make money off the internet"

Something changed, but I'unno what it is.

Everyone who says "I'm never gonna make money off the internet" eventually ends up making money off the internet. You know Cr1tikal? He makes gaming videos with funny commentary, probably the only gaming YouTuber i ever used to watch. Anyway, he spent years donating all of his YouTube revenue to charity, and would post proof each month on a Twitter profile. He said he had no interest in ever taking the money for himself. Well a year or two ago he started taking a percentage of the revenue for himself and stopped giving the full amount to charity.

I've yet to find someone that has actually refused to take all money from things/people on the internet, and honestly I can't blame them. If you are like me and enjoy making dumb videos on a semi-regular basis and someone offers to suddenly pay you a decent living on top of that for doing what you already enjoy doing and would be doing anyway, then I think you'd be a moron to turn that down.

People just like to think that they are principled and 'better' than the people who 'beg' for money on sites like Patreon. But really there's nothing wrong with doing it, and these people always fold.