Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  14 members

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

Hitman

ragreynolds    753

Anyone play the newest Hitman? I purposely waited till all of the episodes were out before I bought it. I just started playing last night, and it's actually the first Hitman game I've ever played and I'm thouroughly enjoying it. It's a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, but that's mainly because I'm used to being able to just rush through games without having to think or plan anything. This game makes you think things through, and I love it.

Thor    206
24 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

Anyone play the newest Hitman? I purposely waited till all of the episodes were out before I bought it. I just started playing last night, and it's actually the first Hitman game I've ever played and I'm thouroughly enjoying it. It's a bit more difficult than I had anticipated, but that's mainly because I'm used to being able to just rush through games without having to think or plan anything. This game makes you think things through, and I love it.

The games have always had the potential to be about planning things out and having you think before acting. If you go for Silent Assassin rating on past games that's what this game presents just playing through casually. It seems a bit more difficult at the start but once you get the hang of it and play each level a few times through (even if you do fail the mission) you learn patterns and learn how to accomplish your goal in different ways. The mastery level encourages replay value but not much if all you care about is going through the story. I don't care much for playing the same level over and over just to unlock different spawn points and different disguises. It just doesn't interest me. I wasn't a huge fan of how they split this Hitman up. Sure it gives them time to fine tune the levels and hammer out bugs. I prefer the whole game being dropped as opposed  to dropping episodes over a timeline. The game is good yes I'm not disagreeing with that. They dropped a full game after the episodes were all out, yes. I bought it early and hated the fact that I had to wait for missions to come out because I wanted to move on with the story. Not wait however long to get on with the game and then be held back for another period of time.

• Upvote 1

The Hitman franchise has always been one my favourite to play. I've been playing Hitman since Hitman 2 on the PS2. Hitman is an excellent game that requires thinking and precision. I've always loved stealth games, I don't know what exactly draws me into them but the idea of taking out your target without a sound excites me.

I'd say my favourite hitman game is Blood Money but even the newest one as well, its great. It's larger and gives you more opportunities on how to kill your target. However the only way you can truly enjoy the 'old hitman feelz' is by increasing the difficulty. It might be easy on the boat mission but when you get to Paris, your skills are truly tested if you lack most of your intel.

ragreynolds    753

Just finished the story. I liked it a lot. I'd like to play a lot of it again to try and master the levels, but for now I probably won't touch it for a while because I have a bunch of other games to get through.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this