Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

How often do you exercise?

Do you exercise often? What do you do?

The most exercise I get these days is walking, but even then I only tend to leave the house like 3 times a week and I only walk to a train station, then from a train station to a restaurant to eat and drink all night.

When I go visit Vii, or when I go on holidays a couple times a year I tend to do more walking than I do at home, since I'll be outside pretty much every day.

• Upvote 2

Daily, push-ups, sit-ups, sometimes skipping. Used to work a bag, but there wasn't room for me to bring it.

4 minutes ago, Seeker said:

skipping

Skipping is the worst. I've never been able to do it. I used to always have to do it as part of a warm up when I did boxing, muay thai, and even sometimes at wrestling. I've just never been able to do it at all. I'd just stand there like an idiot trying to skip for 10 minutes but never managing to do it.

• Upvote 1

MWF run 3 miles with elevation mask at 12,000 feet. 20 min calisthenic pyramid style workouts (1 pushup, 2 pushup....10 pushups, 9 pushups, etc. It's the best way to build muscle in calisthenics imo)

T/Th swim 500m +10 min tread water with 10 lb brick over head, 20 min calisthenic pyramid workouts

Saturdays 3 mile 40lb ruck with elevation mask at 12,000 feet.

I'm the most fit I've ever been in my life and I'm still nervous about this PAST I have to take on the 22nd to qualify for spec ops (just to go to indoc and try-out)

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Justin13 said:

MWF run 3 miles with elevation mask at 12,000 feet. 20 min calisthenic pyramid style workouts (1 pushup, 2 pushup....10 pushups, 9 pushups, etc. It's the best way to build muscle in calisthenics imo)

T/Th swim 500m +10 min tread water with 10 lb brick over head, 20 min calisthenic pyramid workouts

Saturdays 3 mile 40lb ruck with elevation mask at 12,000 feet.

I'm the most fit I've ever been in my life and I'm still nervous about this PAST I have to take on the 22nd to qualify for spec ops (just to go to indoc and try-out)

nerd

Lately I've been mostly just been running, but normally I also do workouts with weights or flexibility training. Went to pole dancing classes and I'd actually like to get more into that too.

I run almost almost every day, sometimes just 5km but I still like to get in at least that. On days it's too cold I do have a treadmill at home but I really only use it when I have to, treadmills are not comparable to outdoor running.

When I'm doing all my other workouts I'd say I workout 4-5 times, depending on the week the days rotate on which I take off. I never do any workouts on Sunday tho

One day I'll be able to plank longer than Justin

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Skipping is the worst. I've never been able to do it. I used to always have to do it as part of a warm up when I did boxing, muay thai, and even sometimes at wrestling. I've just never been able to do it at all. I'd just stand there like an idiot trying to skip for 10 minutes but never managing to do it.

Can't skip, couldn't tie your shoes, and then the other thing

What was your childhood

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Sappho said:

Can't skip, couldn't tie your shoes, and then the other thing

What was your childhood

Sad. Just like the rest of my life.

• Upvote 1

I walk every day, mix of hiking and scrambling 3 or 4 days a week, yoga, skanking around the house, chasing/wrestling my dog around. Also carrying 20 gallons of water (5 gallon bucket four times) up the stairs twice a week lol.

Also totally forgot skipping rope was a thing, and now I really want to get into it again.

I walk very much, depends on the day but sometimes from 1-10 miles in one day, so sometimes its less but this is everyday almost, i play sports and i also workout at gym 4-6 days a week

Not doing a lot at the moment, although I signed up to some active students thing which will hopefully help me get more motivated to do shit. 

On 3/12/2017 at 8:08 AM, ragreynolds said:

Science can explain this! You see, if you managed to skip then you would effect inertia of the earth, it would tilt on it's axis, a zombie apocalypse would start, Onision would be made president and then the entire earth would implode. 

23 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Sad. Just like the rest of my life.

how the fuck do you not know how to skip in honestly confused

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bryanna said:

how the fuck do you not know how to skip in honestly confused

I try and the rope just hits me and stops after like one or two skips

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

Did you try it underwater, using titanium steel rope while playing the banjo and whistling twinkle twinkle little star? That might work out.

11 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

wait what

i thought you meant you didn't know how to skip as in the weird run

we don't call jump roping skipping here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bryanna said:

wait what

i thought you meant you didn't know how to skip as in the weird run

we don't call jump roping skipping here

oh

Honestly thought "skipping" was in reference to the playful run that kids do. Skipping/Jumping rope is a totally different beast...and it's so easy I don't know how you can't get that down either. Perhaps the rope was the wrong length...

13 hours ago, Justin13 said:

Honestly thought "skipping" was in reference to the playful run that kids do. Skipping/Jumping rope is a totally different beast...and it's so easy I don't know how you can't get that down either. Perhaps the rope was the wrong length...

I've tried it countless times with countless different rope lengths.

1 hour ago, ragreynolds said:

I've tried it countless times with countless different rope lengths.

Try it backwards or with a more weighted rope. It tends to be easier to sync with the speed when the rope is a bit heavier.

Or ya know. Just fuck skipping. You're a strong, independent, black woman who don't need no rope in your life.

• Upvote 3

On 15/03/2017 at 2:48 PM, pxc said:

Or ya know. Just fuck skipping. You're a strong, independent, black woman who don't need no rope in your life.

I'll go with that

• Upvote 1

the reason ryan can't jump rope is cause he can't lift himself off the ground 

• Upvote 2