Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

ragreynolds

Vegetarian For a Month

bryanna    201

i said it for the feminist one and i'll say it for this: you won't last the whole month 

Sappho    215

Yeah I don't know how that'll go since you don't eat veggies. Eating only potatoes for a month doesn't seem like a good idea

• Upvote 2

pxc    154

You can do it! The transition can be rough, but if I could do it, you definitely can. Cutting meat out of my diet opened me up to a lot more than I was willing to try before. I used to be so picky lol.

There are lots of veggies you can use to mimic the texture and flavour of meat, if that's the route you wanna take. Mushrooms in particular have a tendency to taste and feel a bit like beef when sauteed or grilled. They make great burgers. Beet fiber is really similar to poultry if cooked right, and it's bloody as hell, so that's fun. Quinoa is a good staple food for protein consumption, but if you wanna be lazy about it like me you can just sprinkle shitloads of hemp or chia seeds on everything.

Good luck, m8.

• Upvote 1

Justin13    84

Apparently bbq sauce on cauliflower is similar to a chicken nugget. Lol good luck

Alfie    142

I like how people think Ryan is actually going to be veggie for a month

Discord says otherwise 🙄

I couldn't face that ghastly challenge and limit myself to that shoddy and unsavoury quorn trash.

Oh please, my frivolous and petty activism days are over.

I'd leave vegetarianism for human waste like Onision. 

Most vegetarians that I've met are not stupid activists forcing their opinions down your throat every time you're enjoying a lovely 10oz sirloin. 

The ones that are stupid activists however, just lurk behind youtube channels.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy

Alfie    142
3 hours ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

I couldn't face that ghastly challenge and limit myself to that shoddy and unsavoury quorn trash.

Oh please, my frivolous and petty activism days are over.

I'd leave vegetarianism for human waste like Onision. 

Most vegetarians that I've met are not stupid activists forcing their opinions down your throat every time you're enjoying a lovely 10oz sirloin, they just lurk behind youtube channels.

Quorn mince is so good tho, and it doesn't have to be a shit diet. There are so many other options.

14 hours ago, Alfie said:

Quorn mince is so good tho, and it doesn't have to be a shit diet. There are so many other options.

Compared to peasant pork mince perhaps....but once you compare it to a medium or high range beef mince, then Quorn is nothing but a tasteless food supplement. Also, I've pointed out before that I'm a huge fan of Spaghetti Bolognese and one of my favourite ingredients for the sauce is 'Malbec' or 'Châteauneuf-du-Pape' red wine.

I usually put a bit while the beef mince is frying and some after when I start inserting fresh tomatoes and tomato purèe in the actual sauce. With Quorn mince, you don't have to fry it and it certainly won't absorb the wine as well and create a unique taste because Quorn is just tasteless. 

Alfie    142
4 hours ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

Compared to peasant pork mince perhaps....but once you compare it to a medium or high range beef mince, then Quorn is nothing but a tasteless food supplement. Also, I've pointed out before that I'm a huge fan of Spaghetti Bolognese and one of my favourite ingredients for the sauce is 'Malbec' or 'Châteauneuf-du-Pape' red wine.

I usually put a bit while the beef mince is frying and some after when I start inserting fresh tomatoes and tomato purèe in the actual sauce. With Quorn mince, you don't have to fry it and it certainly won't absorb the wine as well and create a unique taste because Quorn is just tasteless. 

I fry Quorn mince when I make veggie bolognese, I add soy sauce and beef gravy granuals in the sauce because it creates the saltyness of the beef and just makes it taste better, I don't think the mince itself is tasteless though.

The chicken pieces are genuinely minging, I hate the smell of them and the texture is gross, I definitely opt out of chicken substitutes because nothing can compare, however beef, lamb, duck, and pork can be replicated almost exactly if you know what stuff to mix in with it.

I've never really been a big fan of beef anyway so Quorn mince is alright for a quick bolognese.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alfie said:

I fry Quorn mince when I make veggie bolognese, I add soy sauce and beef gravy granuals in the sauce because it creates the saltyness of the beef and just makes it taste better, I don't think the mince itself is tasteless though.

The chicken pieces are genuinely minging, I hate the smell of them and the texture is gross, I definitely opt out of chicken substitutes because nothing can compare, however beef, lamb, duck, and pork can be replicated almost exactly if you know what stuff to mix in with it.

I've never really been a big fan of beef anyway so Quorn mince is alright for a quick bolognese.

If it works for you then that's great. At the end of the of day, food is down to personal taste (no pun intended).

Alfie    142
1 hour ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

If it works for you then that's great. At the end of the of day, food is down to personal taste (no pun intended).

Sure, I wasn't bashing you for your preference, I wasn't just sharing my insight :P 

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    756
7 hours ago, Ludwig_Van said:

This is genius at  it's finest!  #RedThingArt 

RedThingArt.PNG

Just wait for the next instalment 

• Upvote 1

Harry_Hilter    91
5 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Pfft, I was the only one who didnt get a like from you on your video, even after I gave you the view. :((((( 

The-Jackal    43

I went veggie for a month in college and it was the worst experience of my life. I was losing sleep over KFC.

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    756
13 hours ago, Ludwig_Van said:

Pfft, I was the only one who didnt get a like from you on your video, even after I gave you the view. :((((( 

Your comment is also the newest one. I hadn't seen it!

• Upvote 1