Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  15 members

Tyrantblade

Why does anybody still buy xbox?

Tyrantblade    4
17 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

To be honest if OP cared that much about exclusives, he'd be only gaming on Nintendo.  

I like Nintendo sometimes (i own a 3ds and have a lot of games; I also have a Wii U and a few games for that); I just don't always wanna play typical Nintendo games  (meaning Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Etc).

Just now, Tyrantblade said:

I like Nintendo sometimes (i own a 3ds and have a lot of games; I also have a Wii U and a few games for that); I just don't always wanna play typical Nintendo games  (meaning Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, Etc).

And that is down to preference, right?

Tyrantblade    4
Just now, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

And that is down to preference, right?

But honestly who (in their right mind), wants to play crap like Halo? I liked Gears when I had a 360, and Forza seems like a good game if you want realistic racing; but Halo is utter garbage that they basically repackage and call it a new game and charge a high price.

Take away these 3 series and how many people would still be into Xbox? I'd estimate maybe 1/10.

Let's face it, XBOX relies on those 3 game series to stay alive with little else and nothing the majority of people have even heard of.

2 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

But honestly who (in their right mind), wants to play crap like Halo? I liked Gears when I had a 360, and Forza seems like a good game if you want realistic racing; but Halo is utter garbage that they basically repackage and call it a new game and charge a high price.

Take away these 3 series and how many people would still be into Xbox? I'd estimate maybe 1/10.

Let's face it, XBOX relies on those 3 game series to stay alive with little else and nothing the majority of people have even heard of.

You didn't answer my question. 

Tyrantblade    4
5 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

You didn't answer my question. 

Fact of the matter is PS4 has more exclusives and reviews prove they are better, so screw your preference for the few crappy exclusive games Xbox still has.

Like I said, Xbox fans don't see reason because all they know is for some reason (they can't explain it) they prefer xbox, even though nothing they have is really better.

Justin13    84
37 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

Fact of the matter is PS4 has more exclusives and reviews prove they are better, so screw your preference for the few crappy exclusive games Xbox still has.

Like I said, Xbox fans don't see reason because all they know is for some reason (they can't explain it) they prefer xbox, even though nothing they have is really better.

I gave you my reasons for preferring xbox, you just don't like to admit that people in the world have varying opinions. You're clearly deeply rooted in your PS4 preference, and that is absolutely fine. But to say that quantity of exclusive games bodes superiority over another console is simply childish. "Xbox fans don't see reason"...honestly, I think we're the ones being the MOST reasonable by even offering you any sort of mutual understanding whilst you whine like a kid with superiority complex and narcissism. Halo is a nostalgic game that has been an on-going series for many years, yes, and has a competitive scene that I enjoy watching develop and grow, while also maintaining an ever-changing story-line. Gears of War also develops new systems and game modes whilst developing a cinematic and well-developed story-line. So to say that my preference is "garbage" is as useful as me calling you "garbage". Which, albeit true, is not adding any value to argument or discussion. We have each explained why we prefer xbox, you just don't agree so therefore it's "wrong". Expand your horizons, kid. You're annoying at best.

• Upvote 1

Tyrantblade    4
23 minutes ago, Justin13 said:

I gave you my reasons for preferring xbox, you just don't like to admit that people in the world have varying opinions. You're clearly deeply rooted in your PS4 preference, and that is absolutely fine. But to say that quantity of exclusive games bodes superiority over another console is simply childish. "Xbox fans don't see reason"...honestly, I think we're the ones being the MOST reasonable by even offering you any sort of mutual understanding whilst you whine like a kid with superiority complex and narcissism. Halo is a nostalgic game that has been an on-going series for many years, yes, and has a competitive scene that I enjoy watching develop and grow, while also maintaining an ever-changing story-line. Gears of War also develops new systems and game modes whilst developing a cinematic and well-developed story-line. So to say that my preference is "garbage" is as useful as me calling you "garbage". Which, albeit true, is not adding any value to argument or discussion. We have each explained why we prefer xbox, you just don't agree so therefore it's "wrong". Expand your horizons, kid. You're annoying at best.

Playstation exclusives are pretty consistent, so yes more is better when they are hits.

Justin13    84

Playstation exclusives are pretty consistent, so yes more is better when they are hits.

Sure, to a large majority of buyers, those games may be good. But there are some who prefer the xbox exclusives over ps4 exclusives. You're assuming every consumer is the same.

Tyrantblade    4
15 minutes ago, Justin13 said:

Sure, to a large majority of buyers, those games may be good. But there are some who prefer the xbox exclusives over ps4 exclusives. You're assuming every consumer is the same.

Again though, PS4 has more variety than XBOX, so it's like hardcore Xbox fans just haven't tried enough PS4 exclusives.

Justin13    84

Again though, PS4 has more variety than XBOX, so it's like hardcore Xbox fans just haven't tried enough PS4 exclusives.

But if those exclusives don't appeal to us, then why try them? Why spend money on a game you have no desire to try? If I go to get ice cream at the store and see chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, but only ever try chocolate because I enjoy chocolate, what's wrong with that? I haven't denied variety in PS4 exclusives, nor have I said they're bad, but I prefer xbox for the reasons I listed on page 1. You're saying I'm wrong to like xbox for those reasons and just keep mentioning a feature (variety in exclusives) that I've already said I have no care to look into. The only ps4 exclusive I've ever wanted to try is Nioh, and even still it's not such a strong desire to go spend $300-400 to get console and game, just for that ONE game to play. I prefer xbox, simple as that.

• Upvote 1

Tyrantblade    4
6 minutes ago, Justin13 said:

But if those exclusives don't appeal to us, then why try them? Why spend money on a game you have no desire to try? If I go to get ice cream at the store and see chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, but only ever try chocolate because I enjoy chocolate, what's wrong with that? I haven't denied variety in PS4 exclusives, nor have I said they're bad, but I prefer xbox for the reasons I listed on page 1. You're saying I'm wrong to like xbox for those reasons and just keep mentioning a feature (variety in exclusives) that I've already said I have no care to look into. The only ps4 exclusive I've ever wanted to try is Nioh, and even still it's not such a strong desire to go spend $300-400 to get console and game, just for that ONE game to play. I prefer xbox, simple as that.

What I'm saying is that they have every category of game for Playstation, including a whole bunch of stuff Xbox doesn't have; you can't really diss a whole category without trying it.

Edited by Tyrantblade

Justin13    84
Just now, Tyrantblade said:

What I'm saying is that they have every category of game for Playstation, including a whole bunch of stuff Xbox doesn't have; you can't really diss a whole category.

Your question: "Why does anybody still buy an Xbox?" I answered your question. And you're implying xbox doesn't have every category available as well. They do. Maybe not the same sheer number (that's what quantity means) but still the same categories. So again, I've answered your question and responded with the fact that I don't care for the number of games that are exclusive for PS4 because I do not enjoy using that console (again, I've stated the reasons). So I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to ask anymore, because we've covered the original topic of discussion and you're pursuing a dying argument. If you bring up a new point, I'll respond, but since you're beating a dead horse I'm gonna go back to lurking until something else arises.

• Upvote 1

SkyBlu    157
1 hour ago, Tyrantblade said:

What I'm saying is that they have every category of game for Playstation, including a whole bunch of stuff Xbox doesn't have; you can't really diss a whole category without trying it.

I wanna see all these categories that xbox doesn't have ;)

edit: 
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-project-scorpio-tech-revealed

FEEEEEEEEEL THE POWAAAAAAR

• Upvote 1

bryanna    214

in what way does it affect you if people like xbox? tyrant you're sounding like a 12 year old 

• Upvote 2

SkyBlu    157
4 minutes ago, bryanna said:

in what way does it affect you if people like xbox? tyrant you're sounding like a 12 year old 

His parents were crushed by an Xbox 360

• Upvote 2

Alfie    142

I've personally never owned an Xbox console, my brother has, so I've played on the most before, and there's just a lot I don't like compared to the PS4. I wouldn't shit on it just because I prefer PS consoles in general 🤷🏼‍♀️

People still buy Xbox because it's a fantastic piece of reasonably priced hardware. Compared to the PS4, yes, Sony are slacking, but I don't really care for 4k personally so it's not a huge issue for me.

The exclusives are debatable. Just personal preference as everyone has said, yo. 

Edited by Alfie
  • Upvote 2

The-Jackal    45

Is this just a "My dick is bigger than your dick" argument? Why you getting mad because people prefer Xbox? Did we hurt your pwecious widdle feelings by insulting Papa Sony?

Let me also add that my friend (who never bought anything other than Playstation before he met me) had both the PS3 and Xbox 360, as well as both the PS4 and the Xbox One. I used to go to his house every weekend and we would alternate between consoles and even him, as the die hard Playstation consumer he was, preferred the 360 and the One over their Sony counterparts. Once again, to re-re-re-re-iterate everyone else's point, personal preference can never be shat upon.

Edited by The-Jackal
  • Upvote 2

Sappho    216
On 2017-04-06 at 2:52 AM, Tyrantblade said:

Note how the ps4 exclusive list is 3x as long and you'll also see that for this year there's basically nothing Xbox has as an exclusive that anybody has ever heard of.

Quantity does not = better quality

people buy buy and play Xbox because people want to and enjoy it? sorry not sorry you don't approve of people having different preferences to your own

• Upvote 3

Tyrantblade    4
15 minutes ago, Sappho said:

Quantity does not = better quality

people buy buy and play Xbox because people want to and enjoy it? sorry not sorry you don't approve of people having different preferences to your own

Playstation has both, XBOX has almost no good games, certainly nothing exciting enough to buy an xbox just for that.

ragreynolds    795
4 hours ago, Tyrantblade said:

Playstation has both, XBOX has almost no good games, certainly nothing exciting enough to buy an xbox just for that.

Although I personally agree that there's nothing on Xbox that makes me think that it's worth getting an Xbox for, you're still missing the entire point of what literally everyone is saying to you in this thread.

IT'S PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

For all you know, someone might think Gears of War is the best game series ever made. That alone would make them choose Xbox over Playstation. It's personal preference. You might not think that way, but lots of other people do. 

pxc    156
10 hours ago, Tyrantblade said:

Why are you arguing personal opinions? You saying that halo is regurgitated shit, for example, means nothing to the millions of people who enjoy playing it. I mean, how can someone be wrong on something that's entirely subjective? You're right, they're right, everyone is right. Everyone wins, because everyone gets to play what they enjoy regardless of how other people feel about it. I can't help but laugh every time you mention how stubborn diehard xbox fans are, because I don't think you see the irony.

• Upvote 1

Justin13    84
4 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

If Xbox is so great, where are all your amazing exclusives this year?

Your ignorance and sheer unwillingness to see beyond your own views, furthers my desire to remain on Xbox, simply for the sake of community experience. I've rarely run across your level of incompetence on xbox servers and I'm not chancing it on ps4.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Justin13 said:

Your ignorance and sheer unwillingness to see beyond your own views, furthers my desire to remain on Xbox, simply for the sake of community experience. I've rarely run across your level of incompetence on xbox servers and I'm not chancing it on ps4.

I completely agree with this. I've made loads of mates on xbox...no one bitches about the PS4. The xbox community is one of the biggest reasons why I've stayed with Xbox.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
  • Upvote 2