Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  14 members

Tyrantblade

Why does anybody still buy xbox?

Tyrantblade    4

They have no spectacular exclusives, nor is anything they do spectacular, I mean they aren't bad, just no reason to really want XBOX unless your friends already have it or you want Forza, Gears of War, or Halo.

I mean I sort of liked the Gears of War series, but I would never buy Xbox just for that.

ArseRaptor    77

0bought a cheap 360 ages ago just to play the campain on halo... nothing else.  never bought an xbox before or since.

ragreynolds    753

Playstation certainly has far better exclusives than Xbox. I personally own both because although I think the Xbox exclusives aren't nearly as good as a lot of the Playstation exclusives, they still have a decent amount of good exclusives. I like having access to everything I might want to play. Also, although I prefer the exclusives on PS4, there's something that's just much more appealing about the Xbox Dashboard for some reason. I do despise the Xbox marketplace and think the layout has nothing on the PS Store, and I do think that typing out messages via the on screen keyboard is far better and easier on the PS4. For some reason I just find myself using my Xbox One more than my PS4 recently. But I think that's mainly to do with me never owning an Xbox 360, so I feel inclined to play more games on my Xbox One to catch up with other people in regards to achievements.

The PS4 pro got released at the same time with the slim which was a horrible business decision.

The pro can't do 4K gaming on triple A titles as they claimed and it didn't even came with a 4K blu-ray player. It doesn't game at 4K unless it's an indie game and it won't even accept 4K blu-rays.

The Xbox slim did came with a 4K blu ray player and Microsoft wasn't stupid enough to release the Scorpio with it.

Microsoft has 4K bluray support and SONY doesn't but SONY invented blu-ray. WTF

When the Scorpio comes out it will be able to do true 4K gaming at high fps. It will be a beast.

wp_ss_20170405_0001.thumb.png.7e559ee3ff818e3828bbac85ed181f16.png

Other than that, I've always been loyal to Xbox. We have backwards compatibility, good community, Halo, Gears, Forza and good controllers. It's down to preference but by September we will have the best console out there.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
made a numerical error

SkyBlu    154

Why do people still buy Xbox?

Cause in 2017 if you wanna play online games on a console, you don't go with the backwards Sony who don't believe in nor do they provide dedicated servers.

The only plus side to every owning is Playstation is the Japanese market, which Microsoft used to have a big hand in, but no more.

Letsnotforgetpersonalpreference

• Upvote 4

pxc    154

Because microsoft.

Though I've switched to PC gaming mostly for any new stuff because I don't have the cashola for new gen systems.

Tyrantblade    4
1 hour ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

The PS4 pro got released at the same time with the slim which was a horrible business decision.

The pro can't do 4K gaming on triple A titles as they claimed and it didn't even came with a 4K blu-ray player. It doesn't game at 4K unless it's an indie game and it won't even accept 4K blu-rays.

The Xbox slim did came with a 4K blu ray player and Microsoft wasn't stupid enough to release the Scorpio with it.

Microsoft has 4K bluray support and SONY doesn't but SONY invented blu-ray. WTF

When the Scorpio comes out it will be able to do true 4K gaming at high fps. It will be a beast.

wp_ss_20170405_0001.thumb.png.7e559ee3ff818e3828bbac85ed181f16.png

Other than that, I've always been loyal to Xbox. We have backwards compatibility, good community, Halo, Gears, Forza and good controllers. It's down to preference but by September we will have the best console out there.

Nothing Is Wrong with Sony controllers, Halo sucks and Forza is only for people that want a super realistic, hard to win at racing game.

And as far as how powerful Xbox Scorpio will be, doesn't matter if it doesn't have good exclusives.

It's proven that most games that start as Xbox exclusives eventually go to Playstation and nothing they have compares to Playstation exclusives anyways.

7 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

Nothing Is Wrong with Sony controllers, Halo sucks and Forza is only for people that want a super realistic, hard to win at racing game.

And as far as how powerful Xbox Scorpio will be, doesn't matter if it doesn't have good exclusives.

It's proven that most games that start as Xbox exclusives eventually go to Playstation and nothing they have compares to Playstation exclusives anyways.

Again personal preference.

You might not like those exclusives but that doesn't stop them from being successful games.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

• Upvote 2

Tyrantblade    4
5 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

Again personal preference.

You might not like those exclusives but that doesn't stop them from being successful games.

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Just because something is successful doesn't mean it's any good; I personally think a lot of loyal XBOX fans just can't see reason.

With them common sense seems to be pretty rare, it's like they are so old fashion and stuck in their ways they will never realize how the truth is Playstation is a million times better and XBOX doesn't have a better interface or servers; that's just personal preference that they are so deluded that they believe it's fact.

Same thing with the controllers.

Edited by Tyrantblade
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Tyrantblade said:

Just because something is successful doesn't mean it's any good; I personally think a lot of loyal XBOX fans just can't see reason.

With them common sense seems to be pretty rare, it's like they are so old fashion and stuck in their ways they will never realize how the truth is Playstation is a million times better and XBOX doesn't have a better interface or servers; that's just personal preference that they are so deluded that they believe it's fact.

Same thing with the controllers.

It's a fucking product, we like it, we buy it and we play it. Why the fuck do you care?

How are we delusional? It's a console, not a cult. You like your ps4, play with your ps4. I like my xbox, I'll play with my xbox.

Jeez, it's a console. If anything..you're part of the fanboy culture ruining console gaming.

I would buy a ps4 because like Ryan, I'd like to have both but I'd rather put my money towards camera equipment. There is no need for a console war. People don't have to choose, they can buy both.

• Upvote 1

Tyrantblade    4
6 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

It's a fucking product, we like it, we buy it and we play it. Why the fuck do you care?

How are we delusional? It's a console, not a cult. You like your ps4, play with your ps4. I like my xbox, I'll play with my xbox.

Jeez, it's a console. If anything..you're part of the fanboy culture ruining console gaming.

I would buy a ps4 because like Ryan, I'd like to have both but I'd rather put my money towards camera equipment. There is no need for one. People don't have to choose, they can buy both.

I'm not ruining anything, I can admit that the Xbox Scorpio sounds like it will be amazing, but I'm not blinded into believing either Sony or Microsoft is better "just because", Sony is better because they have always made better systems (which I know Scorpio will change, unless Sony changes their mind and decides to make something better; which they aren't planning apparently), and these days they just have more exclusives and better exclusives; which again is fact.

Sure not every style of game is for everybody, but Sony just has more to offer (as far as variety and consistency of quality) and consistently has better games (reviews will back that up).

But if you want to be stubborn all day long, go ahead you win; hardcore Xbox fans will never do anything besides say that everything Xbox has is better, even when it's not.

16 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

I'm not ruining anything, I can admit that the Xbox Scorpio sounds like it will be amazing, but I'm not blinded into believing either Sony or Microsoft is better "just because", Sony is better because they have always made better systems (which I know Scorpio will change, unless Sony changes their mind and decides to make something better; which they aren't planning apparently), and these days they just have more exclusives and better exclusives; which again is fact.

Sure not every style of game is for everybody, but Sony just has more to offer (as far as variety and consistency of quality) and consistently has better games (reviews will back that up).

But if you want to be stubborn all day long, go ahead you win; hardcore Xbox fans will never do anything besides say that everything Xbox has is better, even when it's not.

It's funny I never said Xbox as a whole is better. That would be a bold statement.

I said performance wise the scorpio will be better.

I said I like the Xbox exclusives.

You making it like I said I don't like Playstation exclusives. 

I used to love god of war, the jak series, ratchet and clank.

I haven't played any PS4 exclusives yet but they have good reviews and many people love them so they must be good.

Tyrantblade    4
7 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

It's funny I never said Xbox as a whole is better. That would be a bold statement.

I said performance wise the scorpio will be better.

I said I like the Xbox exclusives.

You making it like I said I don't like Playstation exclusives. 

I used to love god of war, the jak series, ratchet and clank.

I haven't played any PS4 exclusives yet but they have good reviews and many people love them so they must be good.

Of course the Scorpio will be better than PS4 pro as far as performance; Sony revealed their hand too soon and said they don't plan on releasing anything better any time soon.

Everything else is up to personal preference, but as far as facts go (besides the Scorpio) Sony wins (more exclusives, better exclusives); in particular i really don't get how Halo has hardcore fans when all they do is churn out the same boring garbage continually.

Edited by Tyrantblade

SkyBlu    154
30 minutes ago, Tyrantblade said:

Of course the Scorpio will be better than PS4 pro as far as performance; Sony revealed their hand too soon and said they don't plan on releasing anything better any time soon.

Everything else is up to personal preference, but as far as facts go (besides the Scorpio) Sony wins (more exclusives, better exclusives); in particular i really don't get how Halo has hardcore fans when all they do is churn out the same boring garbage continually.

That's completely subjective. The only Playstation exclusive that interested me is Persona 5, the rest are meh.

See what I did there? I expressed my opinion, it's not a fact ;)

• Upvote 2

Tyrantblade    4
5 hours ago, SkyBlu said:

That's completely subjective. The only Playstation exclusive that interested me is Persona 5, the rest are meh.

See what I did there? I expressed my opinion, it's not a fact ;)

You say that, but how many have you tried? As for the number of playstation exclusives, it's definitely higher than the number of Xbox exclusives, but a lot of playstation exclusives are more "Japanese style" or are games originally released exclusively in Japan.

Fact is most good games get released on both or are playstation exclusives, you can't say that about Xbox; as ive said take out Forza, Gears, and Halo and Xbox has no longer lasting exclusives that keep pumping out more games.

In the past Xbox had more exclusives worth playing, but now you can't come up with anything that they keep making more games in the series of.

You can't really count games that they only made 1 or 2 of and fell off the map into obscurity.

Edited by Tyrantblade

SkyBlu    154
1 hour ago, Tyrantblade said:

You say that, but how many have you tried? As for the number of playstation exclusives, it's definitely higher than the number of Xbox exclusives, but a lot of playstation exclusives are more "Japanese style" or are games originally released exclusively in Japan.

Fact is most good games get released on both or are playstation exclusives, you can't say that about Xbox; as ive said take out Forza, Gears, and Halo and Xbox has no longer lasting exclusives that keep pumping out more games.

In the past Xbox had more exclusives worth playing, but now you can't come up with anything that they keep making more games in the series of.

You can't really count games that they only made 1 or 2 of and fell off the map into obscurity.

I'd suggest looking up the list of Xbox exclusives, you've clearly just erased the whole idea of an Xbox exclusive from your mind and simply cannot comprehend it anymore. 

Can't come up with any to keep making games for? Exclusives don't have to be rinsed out titles, that keep pumping games out. 

I honestly can't think of any that Sony still have that consistently pump out titles. Persona games are like every 10 years, same with Yakuza. 

Yawn, I don't really care for this anymore. 

You're clearly too caught up in the Playstation party that the idea or other games makes no sense to you. 

Tyrantblade    4

For anybody curious, below is a link that outlines exclusives on PS4, XBOX, and Nintendo Switch 

https://www.finder.com.au/2017-exclusives-comparison-ps4-xbox-one-switch

Note how the ps4 exclusive list is 3x as long and you'll also see that for this year there's basically nothing Xbox has as an exclusive that anybody has ever heard of.

Conclusion, XBOX sucks, get used to it.

Nothing else matter if they have no good games.

ragreynolds    753

Xbox doesn't suck. @Tyrantbladeyou're making it out like the Xbox has no exclusives other than Forza, Halo, and Gears of War. That's not true at all. You're making out as if the Xbox One has zero value and that PS4 is superior in every single way. Yes, going by current specifications, the PS4 is better from a hardware point of view, but as @The_Right_Honourable_Jimmypointed out; once Scorpio is released then the Xbox will have that edge. Although, who knows how soon it will be until Sony releases a counter to that. Either way, specs don't matter that much, and if you really care about specs then you should be playing on PC, because PC will always outdo consoles in regards to hardware.

Owning both consoles for a good amount of time now, I stand by the statement that PS4 easily has better exclusives. However, I think that the Xbox One has a better interface, and I enjoy using it more than the PS4 for some reason I just can't explain, and I'm a guy who was loyal to Sony for years. I never had an Xbox 360, and I was always like you and would spout how the PS4 was better in every possible way. The Xbox controller as a whole just feels better to use. The D-Pad on the PS4 controller is a million times better, even better than any of the options that come with my Elite Xbox One controller. And it's also a joke that the Xbox controllers don't come rechargeable by default like the PS4 controllers do. But there's just something about the Xbox One controller that just feels better to use.

Xbox has all of the same third party games PS4 does. Third party games are the ones you spend most of your time playing, so it makes sense to use the console you feel more comfortable with when playing those. As I said in my last post, the PS Store is a million times better than the Xbox Marketplace. I'm not even talking about the deals or anything, I'm just talking about how it feels to use and navigate. I like both the Trophy system and the Achievement system for different reasons. But if I had to choose a winner, it would be the achievement system. I think the trophy system is a better concept, and I much prefer having separate trophy types I can look at, but unfortunately the system is just far less responsive than the Xbox achievement system.

The online experience I've had on both systems has been about even. I wouldn't give either console the edge, other than the fact that I prefer the way that the Xbox One integrates some online features such as showing friends in certain areas. But that just comes back to the fact that I prefer the user interface of the Xbox One.

In the end, specs mean very little since both consoles are capable of running the same games. User interface also means very little since it's just a way of getting into a game. There are two main things to consider when choosing a console, and those are exclusives, and what your friends have. I have an equal number of friends on both platforms, so that doesn't matter to me, so for me it comes down to exclusives. Exclusives are ENTIRELY personal preference. I think that Playstation have better exclusives and it isn't even close, but some people think the opposite. I would recommend getting the console that has the exclusives you'd rather play. But just because it has exclusives you'd rather play, that doesn't mean it's better.

The only real way to say which console is better would be to look at the specifications, and currently PS4 would be winning that (until the Scorpio is released). BUT, if you care about specs, then you should be playing on PC and console is irrelevant.

tl;dr:

• Specs don't matter unless you're playing on PC. Both systems are capable of running the same games.
  • Both systems have exclusive games, choose the system with the exclusives that interest you most.
  • Both systems have positive and negative features/aspects.
  • Upvote 1

SkyBlu    154
2 hours ago, Tyrantblade said:

For anybody curious, below is a link that outlines exclusives on PS4, XBOX, and Nintendo Switch 

https://www.finder.com.au/2017-exclusives-comparison-ps4-xbox-one-switch

Note how the ps4 exclusive list is 3x as long and you'll also see that for this year there's basically nothing Xbox has as an exclusive that anybody has ever heard of.

Conclusion, XBOX sucks, get used to it.

Nothing else matter if they have no good games.

I like how the PS4 list is mostly remakes and re-releases ;)

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    753
33 minutes ago, SkyBlu said:

Hey, you leave the poor guy alone. He doesn't need your harassment!

• Upvote 1

Tyrantblade    4
4 hours ago, SkyBlu said:

Remove those and PS4 still wins on variety and quality.

Justin13    84

-I prefer Xbox controllers

-I prefer Xbox dashboard

-I enjoy Halo and Gears of War

-I prefer dedicated servers and better online experience (in my opinion, though you don't understand that word "opinion")

-I prefer the customer support (PS3 shat on me with Destiny when I first purchased it and I won't return to the system if they treat their customers the way I was treated back then)

-All my friends use Xbox

So though you can't wrap your head around "preference" and "opinion" I'll still leave this here for you.

• Upvote 1