Sign in to follow this  
Justin13

WAR, HUH, YEAH! What is it good for?

I honestly think that this isn't going to lead to much at all. Obama had been launching drone strikes in Syria for years and nothing ever came of it. It seems more like the US making a statement than anything, and I doubt there will be any retaliation.

I'm not in favour of war of any kind, but it's certainly far from the worst decision a politician has ever made. I think the action of bombing the air field shows strength, sends a message, and also proves that the whole Trump/Russia nonsense was exactly that.

I'm still opposed to the action itself though. I think the action is one fueled by morality rather than reason.

4 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

I honestly think that this isn't going to lead to much at all. Obama had been launching drone strikes in Syria for years and nothing ever came of it. It seems more like the US making a statement than anything, and I doubt there will be any retaliation.

I'm not in favour of war of any kind, but it's certainly far from the worst decision a politician has ever made. I think the action of bombing the air field shows strength, sends a message, and also proves that the whole Trump/Russia nonsense was exactly that.

I'm still opposed to the action itself though. I think the action is one fueled by morality rather than reason.

Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, called the US strike an "act of aggression against a sovereign nation".  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39529264 With this happening and the (Severly) strained  relations between America and Russia, and America striking down some Russian aircrafts, I can see this snowballing into something horrible. What Obama did was NOTHING like what Trump is doing right now. I'm with you though about not  being for war of any kind. War never determines who's right, only who's left.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Ludwig_Van said:

Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, called the US strike an "act of aggression against a sovereign nation".  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-39529264 With this happening and the (Severly) strained  relations between America and Russia, and America striking down some Russian aircrafts, I can see this snowballing into something horrible. What Obama did was NOTHING like what Trump is doing right now. I'm with you though about not  being for war of any kind. War never determines who's right, only who's left.

Well Putin is obviously going to demonise whatever Trump does against Syria, since Assad is Putin's ally.

I really don't think this is leading to war of any kind or that the intention is war. I think this is simply a case of the US slapping Syria on the wrists by bombing just an airfield, in order to show that they will not tolerate this kind of behaviour.

It really all depends on what Trump does next. If he acts again then it's clear that war is the intention, but going by what has happened I really don't think we're heading there.

I'm still not in favour of the strikes carried out by the US, I just think that people are prematurely reacting, and they are doing so in a big way.

But only time will tell. 

• Upvote 1

If the west decides to destroy Assad's draconian regime then we will have to deal with Assad's allies. If Russia gets caught in the crossfire or they decide to intervene and defend Assad then we're fucked.

There are two options,

1) Get cucked by Putin and do nothing and let that scum Assad illegally drop chemical weapons which is something that was outlawed since WW1, not even the Nazi Wehrmacht (The SS did with the holocaust) used chemical weapons in battle. That choice will mean Assad will continue killing innocent men, women and children in the most tyrannical ways possible.

2) Find the best way to take Assad out and destroy his horrible regime...we will piss off Russia and then WW3 could happen. 

Assad is a malevolent and ruthless dictator, he's just as bad as IS to me after what he did.

If we do decide to take Assad out, if that's bombing his parliament or have boots on the ground....I don't know, that's up to each country in the UN to decide.

We the UK, will probably take it to the Commons because we respect our parliamental sovereignty.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy