Welcome to RR

Message of the day

buy a fridge retard

Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

UK folks: How will you vote in the 2017 general election?

How do you intend to vote?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you intend to vote?

• Not voting
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • DUP
    • Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant
    • Other

ragreynolds    793
1 hour ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:
  1. Tradition; it's part of the English country side culture. The ban is a political attack against the 'posh'.
  2. Protesters don’t understand hunting ; Hunters often argue that protesters don’t have any idea of what a hunt actually involves, even going as far as to say they only turn up after the hunt has finished. They suggest that those who are against hunting should take the time to understand the exact nature of hunting before they air their views.

3. Hunting gives jobs

4. Hunting is natural; Pro-hunters claim that hunting and other blood sports are inevitable because of our biological make-up. I believe that is true.

5. Meat Eaters Shouldn’t Oppose Hunting ; hunters claim that if you eat meat, you are hypocrite to offer arguments against hunting. I believe that to be true.

6. Foxes Terrorise the Countryside, people kill seals in the north of Scotland because they just happen to eat some of the fish that fishermen fish. They kill the seals because they get less fish to sell where as foxes are 100x times worse. If anything, killing seals should be banned. Foxes are absolute vermin. Hunters argue that foxes are a nuisance and run amok in rural areas, killing and maiming large numbers of chicken and lamb. This is one of their arguments for why fox hunting in particular is so common in the countryside. I agree

These points make me pro fox hunting. Also human lives in my opinion should always be superior to any animal. The only animals that should take special treatment should one domesticated animals.

1. Tradition isn't an argument. It is traditional for Muslim men to beat their wives if they speak out of turn. Does that mean that beating your wife is justified? Of course not. Tradition is irrelevant. Banning wife beating would not be a political attack against Muslims.

2. Hunting is pretty simple to understand. You shoot and kill an animal for a reason. There are many reasons, sure. I agree with hunting for meat, and I agree with culling. I, however, do not agree with trophy hunting and hunting for fur. If I'm missing something then please explain. However, I do not think there's an appropriate explanation that justifies killing foxes.

3. So does gassing Jews. Countless things give jobs. In fact, pretty much anything can be made into a job. This isn't an argument.

4. Hunting is natural to a degree. But if you really believe that then go out and hunt with your bare hands, then it'll be all natural. See how well you fare then. It is part of our primitive make-up. Times have changed and we must change with them.

5. It's not hypocritical in the slightest. There's a difference between eating animals that are killed for food, and simply killing animals. As I already said, I am for hunting for meat. Hunting for meat is an entirely different scenario than hunting foxes for their furs. These are not comparable.

6. This is your only substantial argument. To that, I'd say that hunting foxes is okay in certain areas, and for that reason. However, there should still be limitations on hunting foxes in general, and for their furs. 

I agree that human life is more important than the life of an animal, simply because I'm human of course - I'm sure that foxes think that fox life is more important than any other animal, but that doesn't make it right to just kill things for the sake of killing them, or for their furs. At least when you kill for meat, you are killing for a survival purpose. Killing for meat is also more ethical than buying meat from a store since that meat is probably the result of factory farming, which is horrific.

Bear in mind that I'm one of the more right wing people on this forum, and I agree with you on most political issues. I'm also easily the biggest advocate for eating meat on these forums.

• Upvote 3

SkyBlu    157
2 hours ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:
  1. Tradition; it's part of the English country side culture. The ban is a political attack against the 'posh'.
  2. Protesters don’t understand hunting ; Hunters often argue that protesters don’t have any idea of what a hunt actually involves, even going as far as to say they only turn up after the hunt has finished. They suggest that those who are against hunting should take the time to understand the exact nature of hunting before they air their views.

3. Hunting gives jobs

4. Hunting is natural; Pro-hunters claim that hunting and other blood sports are inevitable because of our biological make-up. I believe that is true.

5. Meat Eaters Shouldn’t Oppose Hunting ; hunters claim that if you eat meat, you are hypocrite to offer arguments against hunting. I believe that to be true.

6. Foxes Terrorise the Countryside, people kill seals in the north of Scotland because they just happen to eat some of the fish that fishermen fish. They kill the seals because they get less fish to sell where as foxes are 100x times worse. If anything, killing seals should be banned. Foxes are absolute vermin. Hunters argue that foxes are a nuisance and run amok in rural areas, killing and maiming large numbers of chicken and lamb. This is one of their arguments for why fox hunting in particular is so common in the countryside. I agree

These points make me pro fox hunting. Also human lives in my opinion should always be superior to any animal. The only animals that should take special treatment should one domesticated animals.

1. Killing people who we suspected to be witches was also a tradition, funny how we stopped doing that...

2. This point is irrelevant because you're not talking about fox hunting.

3. Irrelevant because it's still not about fox hunting.

4. Irrelevant again cause once again, not about fox hunting.

5. Hey...guess what? Irrelevant, not about fox hunting.

6. Foxes terrorise the countryside? Ah yes, a nocturnal, skittish animal is terrorising the poor towns people in Rams Bottom, oh no. Wait...they're not?

So yeah, I don't even know what you're on about

• Upvote 3

Well it's just my thought process. I'm just pro hunting. 

It will be put into a vote, if it doesn't pass I will respect the result, if it passes then I expect others to understand that we live in a society that puts everything into a vote and respects the outcome regardless if they agree or not.

15 minutes ago, Viiolai said:

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-05-20/liberal-democrats-launch-bizarre-farage-may-campaign-poster/

I am no longer voting this year, too much shit to hate on all sides.

I hate UKIP with a passion but we the conservatives have nothing in common with those loonies, closet racists and fruitcakes.

Edited by His_Majesty_Jimmy_I

ragreynolds    793
5 minutes ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

I hate UKIP with a passion but we the conservatives have nothing in common with those loonies, closet racists and fruitcakes.

The Conservatives and UKIP have a lot in common (mainly in regards to the economy). UKIP themselves are not racists, they just attract a lot of racist voters due to their strict immigration policies. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

3. Hunting gives jobs

You know absolutely nothing. You're so far up the Tories arse you're wearing may as a costume.

The one point I'm going to argue as a farmer is that no animal gets taken by foxes if your boundaries are secure, properly fence your fields and ensure they're secure and you will not have a problem, the only people I've ever known to have problem with foxes are people that don't and they say things like "I can't afford that", but the loss of life is far more expensive to a farmer than anything else, that's your income you've thrown away. Foxes are cunning yes, but if you can't be bothered to do a basic task to protect your income then what ever happens is your fault, not the nature of the fox.

To everything else, you clearly haven't looked at any other side then the Tories and you come off uneducated, ignorant and out of touch, otherwise you'd understand people protest the method of fox hunting which is barbaric over actual population control which is needed for animals like deer and mink. Funny though, part of English culture but you guys try and silenced others past and present.

• Upvote 1

On 5/20/2017 at 10:21 PM, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

Well it's just my thought process. I'm just pro hunting. 

It will be put into a vote, if it doesn't pass I will respect the result, if it passes then I expect others to understand that we live in a society that puts everything into a vote and respects the outcome regardless if they agree or not.

Anybody with a even a smidge of understanding of the ecosystem can understand why fox hunting is not only a terrible idea morally, but is also terrible from a scientific perspective.

Have you read up on the wolves of Yellowstone and how killing them fucked up to ecosystem to the point where the land itself was unstable? 

Ecosystems form over hundreds if not thousands of years. And then someone comes along with a weapon that fires projectiles at mach 1+ and kills animals on mass for fun, only to then claim it's "natural". If you think the chase is better than the catch, then sharpen your spear instead and go by foot.

You know what else is also natural? Actually making an effort to protect your livestock instead. My uncle (also used to work on a farm) used to own chickens and he used this amazing thing called an electric fence, he never had a problem once it was operational, equally, if you wanted to be 100% natural, you could build something called  a wall. 

But wait, it gets better. You justify yourself after being proven wrong with "it's just my thought process". Yes, and Hitler's thought process was to kill 6 million Jews... Your way of thinking is literally comparable to Hitler's. How does that make you feel? 

Probably just as annoyed as the imaginary foxes that your killing. 

Edited by Flying_Squirrel
  • Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this