Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

UK folks: How will you vote in the 2017 general election?

How do you intend to vote?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How do you intend to vote?

• Not voting
    • Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • SNP
    • UKIP
    • DUP
    • Plaid
    • Green
    • Independant
    • Other

As a Tory I'm still confused about this snap election. I'm quite annoyed because my local MP is an excellent man and I have great respect for him. He has done so much for my constituency and he has an 100% response rate. I've met him, great man. This general election could slightly put his seat at risk, it's unlikely but if he does lose, the lib Dems could take over which would be a catastrophe for my constituency. 

If we have another coalition, I think the chances for a good deal with the EU will go out of the window. 

The conservatives will win there is no question about that.

I'm part of the Conservative party union on my university, I love my local MP and I've done canvassing and volunteered for him with the conservative party union the past three months since there is also a local election coming up. I've met him at my university and the man truly cares about his constituency and he holds true libertarian values. 

I've even donated a wee bit to the conservative party so YES...tory all the way. 

Cetre-right conservative libertarianism is the answer.

ragreynolds    753

I'm currently undecided as to how I'm going to vote. Conservatives are going to win regardless, as only Labour have ever been able to compete with them, and right now Labour along with Jeremy Corbyn is a joke. Plus, Scotland have basically abandoned Labour and thrown all their support towards the SNP, which pretty much guarantees that Labour will never win another election since Scotland has always been the place that Labour did best.

I'd always vote Conservative over Labour, but the Conservative party are very much flawed in my opinion, and I'm not in line with a lot of their view points (although I certainly do agree with them more than I do with Labour). I'd consider voting independant, but around here I know for a fact that it would be a wasted vote. Most of the people in Scotland who vote are voting with blind Nationalism and just throw their support the way of the SNP because they hate England. So unless I'm voting Labour or Conservative, there's no way to fight against the SNP, and as much as I'm no fan of Labour, I'd rather Labour than the SNP.

Too many Scottish people vote in the general election as Scottish rather than British. A large number of Scottish people have the attitude that we need to vote for what will be best for Scotland and we don't care about the English. It's actually quite horrible how a lot of these people speak and act when talking about Britain in general. Even when I was at high school, I knew many many people who would freak out if a form they were filling out asked their nationality and only had a "British" option and not an option for "Scottish". They would always repeatedly say "I'm not British, I'm Scottish". I know lots of people like this still, and some of them are family members.

So they end up voting SNP because they want independence or just want whatever sounds like is focusing on Scotland, then because they've voted SNP and screwed Labour out of any chance of competing with the Conservatives... the Conservatives win. But what do the Scottish people do? They complain about "Fucking Tory bastards!" and continue to make angry posts on social media about how "The Tories are ruining everything and it's all England's fault! We didn't vote for those fucking Tories!" Well maybe if you had actually voted in the election as a British citizen who was concerned about Britain, instead of voting simply as a Scottish citizen, then maybe you wouldn't be complaining about those "Fucking Tories!"

What I'm trying to say is that Scottish people tend to stab themselves in both kidneys and then they like to blame England for it. I'll probably vote Conservative. 

Viiolai    212

I used to always vote for Labour. My parents have told me to since I was of legal age to vote. But I've never been told why and I still don't understand why to be honest. 

I'd rather someone tell me their opinions on it so I can actually decide who I want to vote for. 

ragreynolds    753
12 minutes ago, Viiolai said:

I used to always vote for Labour. My parents have told me to since I was of legal age to vote. But I've never been told why and I still don't understand why to be honest. 

I'd rather someone tell me their opinions on it so I can actually decide who I want to vote for. 

Do this quiz: http://uk.isidewith.com 

I think you've done it before but that would have been for the last election. I'd say your views easily are in line more with Conservative than Labour, but I'm not so sure I'd say you were a Conservative. Just take the test and see what that says.

Here's what I got:

a6da6dc2cca3468399b15d2b82ad2207.png

I think it's accurate but I fucking hate UKIP. It said further down that my economic views are more Conservative and they are but I think UKIP shares the shame ones hence it says on that on the front pic but I hate UKIP!!!

58fe957753587_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_13_18.thumb.png.b3dbbca2902f4192c5494379d25dad1a.png58fe959575f7c_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_13_42.thumb.png.3aee2aa5c90f93b5d0ba361442153459.png

On the economy as you can see it says Conservative. I hate UKIP, don't associate me with that circus!

58fe95a553d8d_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_14_55.thumb.png.2d6969b9cc39f8050b817ce7e7ad380f.png

58fe95aed751d_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_15_15.thumb.png.1a47b110c16c1e6bbae9ed89eeda6ed7.png

58fe9698ea278_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_15_27.thumb.png.e7cb6e2ebb76060f3620a642102fe85d.png

58fe96b220ec7_ScreenShot2017-04-25at01_15_42.png.c0636fa2c295f28b591c3b7187ed9f0d.png

It's difficult to vote for a party when all the ones on the right wing spectrum are authoritarian. I personally value the libertarian stance over authoritarian more so than any other stance on the spectrum. And with the conservatives being a primarily authoritarian party (and in recent times a very childish one given what I've seen on "prime minister question time" ), I can't say that I'm going to vote for them in the election. Which according to this test means my next bet is Liberal Democrats. 

I'll have to read into the different parties and their policies a bit more before I commit myself to voting for one, but it currently looks like it's Lib-Dem  for me:

General election.PNG

election graph.PNG

1 hour ago, ragreynolds said:

No she won't they are just wording it that way way because the independent is left wing.

Vote for your MP anyway, is your SNP MP better than your Conservative one? 

Yes he/she is.

Done

Edited by His_Majesty_Jimmy_I

ragreynolds    753
6 hours ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

No she won't they are just wording it that way way because the independent is left wing.

Vote for your MP anyway, is your SNP MP better than your Conservative one? 

Yes he/she is.

Done

I will not vote for the Conservatives or the SNP. Yes, the Independent is left wing, but there are direct quotes in that article. It's not just worded in a way to make it seem bad.

She's the prime minister and wants to re-assure people that shit like ransomware are not going to happen. I don't think there is going to be a huge difference if she touches your precious internet. 

ragreynolds    753
54 minutes ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

She's the prime minister and wants to re-assure people that shit like ransomware are not going to happen. I don't think there is going to be a huge difference if she touches your precious internet. 

Ransomware and the stuff she's talking about have nothing in common. She's talking about straight up censorship. An attack on free speech.

1 hour ago, ragreynolds said:

Ransomware and the stuff she's talking about have nothing in common. She's talking about straight up censorship. An attack on free speech.

I understand your point and I partly agree but I agree more with the majority of what the conservatives offer, my local MP is a great man. You just have to weigh the pros and cons and in my opinion a conservative government has far more outweighing pros than cons. I mean I don't always agree on some of their issues but those things that I disagree with them have become less and less. For example I'm pro fox hunting now, I've heard their case and it makes sense in my opinion. You don't have to agree 100% with someone to vote for someone.

Check with your local conservative candidate and ask what he/she thinks about this issue, they might disagree with Theresa. If they disagree consider that your vote isn't about prime ministers but about the MP representing your voice in Parliment. 

My local conservative candidate believes in the tough skin ideology so he has my vote, plus he's taken us for lunch quite a few times after canvassing, including strong stable ice cream so that helps. He has my vote.

18449301_1858404974481555_7334043566374081526_o.thumb.jpg.0da00759da9df7e025c570eae95f558a.jpg

Edited by His_Majesty_Jimmy_I

Sappho    215
1 hour ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

I'm pro fox hunting

For once I'm going to reserve my snarky comments to you and genuinely ask why you're for fox hunting. So, why are you pro fox hunting?

18 minutes ago, Sappho said:

For once I'm going to reserve my snarky comments to you and genuinely ask why you're for fox hunting. So, why are you pro fox hunting?

1. Tradition; it's part of the English country side culture. The ban is a political attack against the 'posh'.
  2. Protesters don’t understand hunting ; Hunters often argue that protesters don’t have any idea of what a hunt actually involves, even going as far as to say they only turn up after the hunt has finished. They suggest that those who are against hunting should take the time to understand the exact nature of hunting before they air their views.

3. Hunting gives jobs

4. Hunting is natural; Pro-hunters claim that hunting and other blood sports are inevitable because of our biological make-up. I believe that is true.

5. Meat Eaters Shouldn’t Oppose Hunting ; hunters claim that if you eat meat, you are hypocrite to offer arguments against hunting. I believe that to be true.

6. Foxes Terrorise the Countryside, people kill seals in the north of Scotland because they just happen to eat some of the fish that fishermen fish. They kill the seals because they get less fish to sell where as foxes are 100x times worse. If anything, killing seals should be banned. Foxes are absolute vermin. Hunters argue that foxes are a nuisance and run amok in rural areas, killing and maiming large numbers of chicken and lamb. This is one of their arguments for why fox hunting in particular is so common in the countryside. I agree

These points make me pro fox hunting. Also human lives in my opinion should always be superior to any animal. The only animals that should take special treatment should one domesticated animals.

Sign in to follow this