Jump to content

Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
Myvagmademedoit

Brain Transplants? (Deep Discussion)

Recommended Posts

Okay so  on the LHShowChannel, he made a very interesting video (But  let's face it, I like ALL of  his content. #FAN) however, after speaking with him and later reading  about him, I know how much of a phobia this is for him, and this bothered me, so I tried to offer my words of comfort in the form of a comment, I can understand the fact that death can be scary But I feel there's more... So let me share his video, then we can discuss!! 

 

The begining of th is is something that's a harsh truth in this world, and he brings up several good points.  If we COULD get a brain transplant, would we want one? What if you get transplanted into a body with only  a few more years left.. Or what if it's something you don't LIKE.. and have to live with, and what  if you also didn't your previous  body? And that's only the surface, the cosmetic surface to be exact.

How do we know that we're really NOT in the matrix somehow? Yes, your parents told you where babies come from, sure, but what I mean is way deeper than that!! What if we really are one or many beings in something that behaved like a computer and there's someone who "Changes out" parts of the computer, and that is how life is both created and stopped? I knwo it sounds weird or  crazy, but maybe LIFE itself is way deeper than  we could ever imagine?

By the way, please let's be respectful to the creator  of the video and please, dp as your mama said and if you cant say anything nice, please don't say anything at all.  I havent had a problem lately when posting about Ala about people being dicks to me about it and I'm grateful for that. Thank you!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin13    84

To start: I believe that "life" is just the mechanisms of a brain being supported by the "wiring" of a body. In short, if the brain is active, you are alive. Therefore, "you" are "the brain" and your body is just a vessel.

That being said, I think a brain transplant would never be well received by the public. The immediate issues I foresee are:

-Religious beliefs

-Who gets to partake in such an extremely rare instance? The rich? The intellectuals so smart we can't afford to lose them (thinking Hawking here)? Everyone?

-Morality: just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. People would find a way to abuse this power to become "immortal". The rich and corrupt may fight to have "body donors" and who knows what that could lead to.

 

Remove human emotion, I see this as a valuable way to prolong the lives of those who are key assets to research and development in fields that will advance the human race.

But as it stands, the negativity that would surround this would far outweigh any minute positives that would come of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeker    113

I have an off-topic question for ya.

 

What about Ala or his content makes you like him/it enough to consider yourself a fan of his/it? Srsly, no comprendo amigo.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragreynolds    762
13 hours ago, Justin13 said:

To start: I believe that "life" is just the mechanisms of a brain being supported by the "wiring" of a body. In short, if the brain is active, you are alive. Therefore, "you" are "the brain" and your body is just a vessel.

That being said, I think a brain transplant would never be well received by the public. The immediate issues I foresee are:

-Religious beliefs

-Who gets to partake in such an extremely rare instance? The rich? The intellectuals so smart we can't afford to lose them (thinking Hawking here)? Everyone?

-Morality: just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. People would find a way to abuse this power to become "immortal". The rich and corrupt may fight to have "body donors" and who knows what that could lead to.

 

Remove human emotion, I see this as a valuable way to prolong the lives of those who are key assets to research and development in fields that will advance the human race.

But as it stands, the negativity that would surround this would far outweigh any minute positives that would come of it.

I think all of those things can go away with time. If you look around today it's quite clear that people in general are less religious than they were in the past, and I think that trend is only going to continue. As we also know, prices for things go down after a while, just look at the things people can afford today when they couldn't afford them 30 years ago, such as computers. Morality is always a thing that changes with time, since a person's sense of right and wrong tends to be based off of their own emotional experiences and the environment they grow up in.

Right now a brain transplant wouldn't be well received, that much is guaranteed. But in the future? I'm sure there will still be people who oppose it, but I think society will be far more accepting.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Seeker said:

I have an off-topic question for ya.

 

What about Ala or his content makes you like him/it enough to consider yourself a fan of his/it? Srsly, no comprendo amigo.

@Seeker I originally liked  his comedy  videos, I watched more than one of  them and then I subscribed to his channel. I also like the deeper stuff   he talks about now, such as this video that I shared, and one before and after this one,  as they can be thought provoking, I like the way he thinks in his youtube videos. Now, nothing against Ala himself but talking to him on Skype or OU (Back when OU  existed and he didnt take it down) is like night and day from the youube stuff he  makes. I also like him because I know how caring he can be, as I have myself seen him try to do his best and help those struggling with depression or with a bad circumstance in  their life, he will do all he can to help that person, even if that means he connects one person to another who he thinks can help. (Example: Sarah is going throiugh a rough patch and is depressed, she tells Ala and then Ala knows Alice, Alice seems to be kind understanding and compassionate and he will then put Sarah and Alice in contact  with one another) And this very reason is how and why I became friends with Meli. I know too that he has his "Special moments" Where he thinks the world is out to get him... I dont mind really, as I kind of view him as a living, breathing Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland and I love me some AIW!!! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ragreynolds    762
On 26/04/2017 at 2:09 AM, Ludwig_Van said:

@Seeker I originally liked  his comedy  videos, I watched more than one of  them and then I subscribed to his channel. I also like the deeper stuff   he talks about now, such as this video that I shared, and one before and after this one,  as they can be thought provoking, I like the way he thinks in his youtube videos. Now, nothing against Ala himself but talking to him on Skype or OU (Back when OU  existed and he didnt take it down) is like night and day from the youube stuff he  makes. I also like him because I know how caring he can be, as I have myself seen him try to do his best and help those struggling with depression or with a bad circumstance in  their life, he will do all he can to help that person, even if that means he connects one person to another who he thinks can help. (Example: Sarah is going throiugh a rough patch and is depressed, she tells Ala and then Ala knows Alice, Alice seems to be kind understanding and compassionate and he will then put Sarah and Alice in contact  with one another) And this very reason is how and why I became friends with Meli. I know too that he has his "Special moments" Where he thinks the world is out to get him... I dont mind really, as I kind of view him as a living, breathing Mad Hatter from Alice In Wonderland and I love me some AIW!!! 

His videos are great

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×