Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Daddy

how do you do the speak

5 posts in this topic

I just had to present a six-minute presentation reflecting on my school year and the classes I  took. 'twas bullshit. I mean, I get we have to do it because it's a graduation requirement, but it's fucking stupid. I was dreading it because I fucking suck at speaking in front of people. I get really nervous and start shaking really bad. my stomach starts hurting, and i feel like crying. it's not even just in front of people, either. i can't hold a conversation with members of my own family or even friends i've known for years. so, basically, i'm asking if anyone has any tips on how i an overcome this crap. 

Don't overprepare, but make sure you come prepared.

Think it through: what's the worst that could happen?

Practice, practice, practice - preferably in front of a camera or a mirror. If you decide to record, don't pay attention to how you sound, but whether you're speaking clearly. This will also give you a rough idea of exactly how much time your material takes to present.

Accept the fact that people get nervous. It's commonplace, so there's no need to beat yourself up over it. It's also okay to (if you think it'll help) tell the audience "I'm a little nervous" as long as you keep it short and preferably nonintrusive to the rest of your presentation.

What Seeker said. I love giving presentations, it's one of my favourite things. Just make sure to be prepared, and like Seeker said, do it in front of a camera. The more you do these things, the better you get at them and the more relaxed you'll be during them.

7 hours ago, Seeker said:

Don't overprepare, but make sure you come prepared.

Think it through: what's the worst that could happen?

Practice, practice, practice - preferably in front of a camera or a mirror. If you decide to record, don't pay attention to how you sound, but whether you're speaking clearly. This will also give you a rough idea of exactly how much time your material takes to present.

Accept the fact that people get nervous. It's commonplace, so there's no need to beat yourself up over it. It's also okay to (if you think it'll help) tell the audience "I'm a little nervous" as long as you keep it short and preferably nonintrusive to the rest of your presentation.

7 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

What Seeker said. I love giving presentations, it's one of my favourite things. Just make sure to be prepared, and like Seeker said, do it in front of a camera. The more you do these things, the better you get at them and the more relaxed you'll be during them.

thank frens

Know your topic, but your presentation. If you feel like an expert, you can speak with authority. Thereby creating a better presentation.