Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  14 members

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

Mass Effect

ragreynolds    756

I finally just finished the first 3 Mass Effect games. I got all of them free with EA Access on Xbox One, so I've been playing them all over the past few months, and last night I finished the third game.

The first game I found to be very tedious, mainly due to how bad and glitchy the combat was. I know everyone says that 2 is better than 3, but I think I actually enjoyed them about an equal amount. I feel like the better combat/gameplay of 3 makes up for what else it is lacking. However, I was disappointed with a lot of Mass Effect 3, because it felt like it kept giving me the illusion of choice rather than actual meaningful choices. Example:

Spoiler

I had the choice to let the Quarians kill all of the Geth, or to upgrade the Geth units and let them be free, doing so would get them to be on my side, and their fleet was larger than the Quarian one, and as a result, they were going to destroy the Quarian fleet. I spent maybe 5 minutes trying to decide what to do, and eventually, I decided to take the Geth because I knew they had a bigger fleet and would be more valuable in the war to come. I thought this would have a big impact on what was to come, but all I ever saw as a result from this was a few Geth units standing around in the final stretch of the game. I'm sure if I had chosen the Quarians then they would have just been in the place of those Geth units I saw. It didn't actually have any impact on the game.

I felt like I made a bunch of those sort of choices throughout the game, and I enjoyed making them at the time. I kept thinking they'd be impactful, but that's why when I hit the end stretch I was left feeling disappointed because those choices I made earlier didn't actually mean as much as I thought they did.

So I guess I'd say 2 is a better game, but the improved combat in 3 made it equally as enjoyable for me.

I'm not sure if I'm gonna play Andromeda anytime soon.

Tyrantblade    4

If put andromeda as a solid 8, they did a lot good with a few annoying glitches and some things that simply need tweaking.

I think the next one will be much better

ragreynolds    756
1 hour ago, Tyrantblade said:

If put andromeda as a solid 8, they did a lot good with a few annoying glitches and some things that simply need tweaking.

I think the next one will be much better

How would you compare it to the first 3 games?

Tyrantblade    4
2 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

How would you compare it to the first 3 games?

I would say it has a better combat system, and more content; the only thing bringing Andromeda down is it's occasional glitches.

Sign in to follow this