Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy

Capital Punishment Poll

Should capital punishment be legal?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should capital punishment be legal?

• Yes, only for high treason and terrorism.
    • Yes (Murder, High Treason and Terrorism)
    • Yes (Murder, High Treason, Terrorism and Pedophilia)
    • No (Only for war crimes during times of war)
    • Never
    • Other
  2. 2. How should capital punishment be carried out?

• Torture
    • Stoning
    • Guillotine
    • Electric Chair
    • Shooting Squad
    • Shooting Squad only during times of war
    • Hanging
    • Lethal Injection
    • Other
    • Against capital punishment
  3. 3. Should it be public?

• Live on TV motherfucker!
    • Public can attend
    • Public can attend but only if they feel angry enough at a national level.
    • Family
    • No
    • Against capital punishment
  4. 4. If against capital punishment, should the offender be given a choice to end his own life at his own will?

• Yes, let him commit suicide if he wants to
    • No, we must respect the sanctity of life.
    • Should be killed by the state.

In light of the Manchester bombing, I have felt great anger against people who try and attack our constitution, our freedom, our British way of life. I feel great anger against those who we don't get to hear. Those who get arrested everyday for terrorism charges. It seems as a lot of these so called terrorists are home grown terrorists planning to betray their country by attacking it's people. They plan to attack Her Majesty's government, Her constitution, Her Army and Her Majesty Herself.

They fail most of the time because our intelligence services are brilliant at what they do. The problem is our justice system has abandoned it's sense of justice. There used to be a time before we joined the European Union that high treason would be considered a crime punishable by death, a crime that would mean that you would be hanged from the neck till death. 

Regardless if those so-called terrorists are born here or have immigrated here, if they choose to attack our way of life, they are traitors.

Those who immigrate here take the oath of alliance;

I, X, do swear that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, her heirs and successors, according to law. So help me God. 

Those are not empty words, they mean a great lot. If they choose from that point on to attack and/or conspire to attack our people, our way of life, Her Majesty's Government, Her Army or Her Majesty Herself; they should face the rope. Hanging and only hanging that's what they deserve. It is treason!

It is my opinion that capital punishment should only be reserved for anyone that has been charged with planning a terrorist attack or someone who committed a terrorist attack. If it is by someone who was either British or an immigrant who has taken the oath of alliance, it should be classified as treason instead and they should face capital punishment as well. If anyone tries to attack Her Majesty's Government, Her Army or Her Majesty Herself, that should be classed as high treason as it clearly is and that should be met with same force as I mentioned above. 

I also believe in capital punishment for war crimes during times of war.

Terrorists and Traitors should be hanged from the neck till dead in my opinion. Methods for capital punishment for high treason and war crimes during times of war should be death by shooting squad for practicality reasons. 

I don't believe capital punishment should be public unless the government feels the public is angry enough at the atrocity committed by the offender. Then they should be offered the choice to attend at the location of the hanging. Children shouldn't not attend. 

Capital punishment should only be put to the table if the person is 100% guilty without a shadow of a doubt. The offender also has to understand fully what his intentions were. If the offender was mentally ill to the point that he didn't grasp what was right from wrong and didn't understand his intentions, he should be be put into a psychiatric hospital indefinitely. 

I don't believe capital punishment should be a punishment for plain murder but life prison, because it doesn't compare to terrorism or high treason. 

If capital punishment was only legal for the crimes I mentioned above not only it would bring terrorism down in my opinion but we wouldn't be as brutal like the United States who kill anyone who committed plain murder just because a jury decided so.

Edited by His_Majesty_Jimmy_I
  • Upvote 1

ragreynolds    793

I'm against capital punishment. There are far too many instances of people being killed and then it coming to light that they were actually innocent. I also think it's a dumb idea to punish a killer by killing them. That makes you just as bad.

I think people should be allowed to commit suicide if they want to. However, if someone is in prison I do not think they should be allowed to, since that would be then trying to escape punishment. Prison needs to be harsher, and luxuries such as Television need to be eliminated. They also shouldn't have much of a chance to form social groups, because prison gangs and crime is another huge issue.

• Upvote 3

One one hand, Capital Punishment is "You shouldnt kill people, so we'll kill you for killing others" indeed, makes the punisher as bad as the punishee, but on the other, I think people who kill or torture others till their dead should recieve the same treatment as they gave to the victim, I feel more strongly about this if the victim is a child.  (If someone shoots and kills, that person should be shot at and killed, beheading, then they themselves get beheaded,.. so on and so forth.. In the way they did to the victim.)

As for the person or persons who committed the Manchester Bombing, I think they should be locked up in a room, one far away from any other people in a secluded area and have a bomb placed under them that will kill them when it goes off, but have someone tell them when they lock them away that a bomb is planted in their location and "They dont know when it will go off" and instill the same terror in those mother fuckers that caused panic and fear to rip through the hearts of many of the people of England, citizens and otherwise that were there only to see a concert.  Of course though, someone WOULD know when they  were going to detonate it, but they could choose to let this person live in fear for days, weeks or even months before setting it  off.

43 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

I'm against capital punishment. There are far too many instances of people being killed and then it coming to light that they were actually innocent. I also think it's a dumb idea to punish a killer by killing them. That makes you just as bad.

I think people should be allowed to commit suicide if they want to. However, if someone is in prison I do not think they should be allowed to, since that would be then trying to escape punishment. Prison needs to be harsher, and luxuries such as Television need to be eliminated. They also shouldn't have much of a chance to form social groups, because prison gangs and crime is another huge issue.

Good thoughts, but Prison doesn't really work as well as intended, most people come back as repeat offenders after serving their time because in some instances, they weren't given the tools to deal with life outside of the prison.  I even knew someone once who went to prison and learned how to steal luxury cars from another inmate who was serving time for that exact crime.  Am I saying that these people need to be killed off for committing non murder related crimes? No, certainly not  but what I am saying is that somehow, some way, there has to be a better way somehow to deal with this and help people to not repeat  their offenses. 

Seeker    116

As long as the method is humane, I'm all for killing repeat offenders of heinous crimes, but that's more from a standpoint of efficiency and economic morality than anything else. Taxes are the price of civilization, so why should the taxpayer feel obligated to pay for the imprisonment of someone who has (now repeatedly) proven themselves unwilling to follow the rules of civilization?

Edited by Seeker
  • Upvote 1

pxc    156

I think murdering people in general is silly and a bit of a cop-out, whether or not one feels that the person deserves it. It's not really "punishment" even. One way or another, we all die. Death is no more a punishment to life than it is a punishment to murdering or committing treason or whatever justification you slap on it. Who is being punished? The dead body? You think he cares that he's dead? I see it more as a way of snuffing out a problem. You've done a terrible thing, and we no longer want to deal with you, so we'll swat you like a fly. That person was going to die one way or another, and killing them does not undo what they already did. All it does is erase them from existence out of fear that they'll do something else, so they are eliminated. No more problem here, so as to focus on other problems. It could possibly be used also as a threat to others who are planning what this person did, a bit like leaving dead spider carcasses where they lay to deter other spiders. In theory it works, but then again those spiders think they are more sneaky and will not be squashed in the same manner and thus strut right past. And even if you do squash them, still they have already strut. It's a bit of a flawed system.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this