Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  14 members

Sign in to follow this  
The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy

Gaming PC or Xbox One X?

So I've been debating what to get. An Xbox One X will cost me around £450 and it will be able to do 4K, not the greatest but good enough. I've been trying to build an online build that would do 4K, all the builds keep going over £650. Both with intel and AMD.

I will need at least 8GB which I can only go up to GDR4(then the build goes up to the £800 range) of ram compared to Xbox's 12GB of GDR5 Ram.

I'll need at least 6GB of VRAM and that still is shit, so like GTX 1060 which is like £250.

For CPU, I will have to go with the highest i5 range or the lowest i7 range and both are expensive as fuck. With AMD, I'm getting GDR3 ram motherboards unless I want to go with Ryzen. With intel at least I'm getting USB-C.

It's all fucking annoying to be honest.

PC Master is BOLLOCKS. If you wanted to build a gaming PC similar to console , it can cost up to almost double. Kind of loses the point of buying a gaming PC. I'm not made of fucking money. All these PC master race fags brag about PC's are better but if I spend £450 on a gaming PC, it will be a fucking potato, with integrated fucking graphics and 4GB of Ram just enough to handle fucking youtube. 

So I'm probably buying an Xbox One X, I have a 4K tv also, if I got the shitty pc, I would have to spend at least £250 on a 1440p display. Since PC making became so mainstream because of supply of demand, you end up with an extortion because it's expected now that you build it by yourself. The fact that I'm building it myself should mean, it should be fucking dirt-cheap. 

ragreynolds    753

I can't quite remember the specs but in 2012ish I bought a PC from Dell. I chose a template on heir website and customised it. I got 8GB DDR5 RAM, An NVideo graphics card (can't remember the model) with 2GB dedicated RAM, plus a quad core i5 at 3ghz. I got all that for £530, and I used my TV as a monitor. The PC ANY game I tried to play, almost always on moderate graphics settings.

Anyway, just go with what you'd rather have I suppose. For me, there aren't many games that are PC exlusive that I want to play. There are far more Xbox and PS exclusives I'm interested in, that's the main reason I stick with console.

Tyrantblade    4

So Xbox One X is Project Scorpio? 

Hopefully they start getting good exclusives once it gets released, because there have been no good Xbox exclusives all year long so far.

Spec wise for the money the Xbone X will win, but PC will have more variety; anyways, good luck deciding.

Edited by Tyrantblade

Hawk    7

I spent about 1200 Euros or so on my pc and I have to say that IF you can afford to spend the extra money a pc will be better than a console in every single way.

I have a PS4 that I've had since long long before I got the pc but it's been collecting dust ever since I got the pc, the only reason I sometimes go back to it is for exclusive titles like Bloodborne.

A console, regardless of which new gen you get will be the best option unless you have a budget of something like 600-700 Euros at the very least, the more the better.

This pc could use some upgrades like a better processor and an SSD, but the graphics card (GTX 1070) will do whatever the fuck I throw at it.

So in short, unless you've got a bigger budget get a console, but if you POSSIBLY CAN STRETCH IT then get a pc. Atleast in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2

ragreynolds    753
2 hours ago, Hawk said:

I spent about 1200 Euros or so on my pc and I have to say that IF you can afford to spend the extra money a pc will be better than a console in every single way.

I have a PS4 that I've had since long long before I got the pc but it's been collecting dust ever since I got the pc, the only reason I sometimes go back to it is for exclusive titles like Bloodborne.

A console, regardless of which new gen you get will be the best option unless you have a budget of something like 600-700 Euros at the very least, the more the better.

This pc could use some upgrades like a better processor and an SSD, but the graphics card (GTX 1070) will do whatever the fuck I throw at it.

So in short, unless you've got a bigger budget get a console, but if you POSSIBLY CAN STRETCH IT then get a pc. Atleast in my humble opinion.

It's not even debatable that PC will always have superior graphics and performance in comparison to consoles, however, I don't think that makes it better in every possible way. One thing you mentioned yourself is exclusives. But outside of the actual games, you might just prefer the UI on console, or the fact that it's as simple just putting in a disk and playing it. PC often has a multitude of complications when trying to game. Anyone who has been a PC gamer will know all about how annoying it is to find and install drivers and other shit like that just so a game will run. Or how sometimes a game won't run and you just can't work out why.

Personally, being someone who has gamed extensively on both PC and lots of different consoles, I much prefer gaming on console. Yes, PC will almost always perform better, but for me, I prefer the console experience. It's much easier, more relaxed, and I like not having to worry about whether my machine can or can't play a certain game. Then on top of all that, most of my favourite games are console exclusives.

The only thing I EVER find myself wishing I had when playing on console, is mods for certain games. And even then, most of the time I only want to mod the likes of Skyrim and Fallout, and now it is possible to use a wide range of mods on both Skyrim and Fallout 4 on console (specifically Xbox, because Sony are being losers with the whole modding thing).

• Upvote 1

Found a solution, external gpu dock for my MacBook Pro 2016, so I got 3ghz cpu, 12GB of ram but no dedicated graphics. With high sierra coming out, there'd be thunder port 3 support for a GDDR5 RX 580 which is only 4gb but hopefully they'll increase popularity.

Now you might say you can't game on a Mac but bootcamp will do just fine. Also I'd be able to render 10 times as fast. Once I'll get my EGPU, eventually I'll be buying parts slowly to eventually build a PC. I thought about and the thought of having the ability to run a gtx 1080 if I wanted on my 13 inch MacBook would be great (bootcamp + steam). Thunderport 3/ USB-C IS KING! 40gbit connection boi, 90% of the performance.

It's worth paying more always when it comes to gaming pcs, I always feel they become outdated so quickly, you always have to keep up. I currently have an entry level gaming pc, moderate specs I'd say for moderate games, it can't handle this year's pc releases but it does alright with GTA and dark souls, I don't pc game so at worst I play sims and at best I use my brother's steam account and play his games but even then this pc that is supposed to handle all these games at moderate specs and blah blah blah, still doesn't compete with my work laptop that sadly blew itself out, it could handle everything. I'd honestly say if you're gonna go for a computer, go for a high spec pc but don't focus it on gaming specifically, you'll be out of pocket before you even have it.

I prefer console, always have and always will so I'm probably biased here and this is the closest I've ever had to a gaming pc and I hate it, it's oldest component is 2 years old and I feel like I'm using a 10 year old computer, it's reduced me using my computer drastically infact.

• Upvote 1

Oppi    31

I've had the same gaming PC since December 2015, and haven't had issues running newer games. As long as you upgrade a few things here and there every few years (which realistically is about the same amount of time it takes new consoles to get released) then it should be fine. Unless you specifically want console exclusives then a PC is always better imo, as long as you can afford it. Especially for FPS games, mouse aiming is so much more precise.

SkyBlu    154

Sa'll about personal preference maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I use both, but play different games on each.

ragreynolds    753
1 minute ago, SkyBlu said:

Sa'll about personal preference maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

I use both, but play different games on each.

My main issue with gaming is that I get so indecisive about where I wanna play things. I've had such a terrible internal struggle since having both a PS4 and Xbox One. I've ended up using the Xbox One for pretty much everything other than PS exclusives. It pains me to evenly divide my time between them, cause I hate not having all my achievements/trophies linked and whatever else. I pray for the day that we get the ability to link our profiles. I doubt it'll ever happen though :( 

• Sad 1

Sign in to follow this