Sign in to follow this  
Myvagmademedoit

Frustrated...

That feeling when you're working on a story and randomly  read over what  you wrote and suddenly decide you hate it, then are like FUCK THIS SHIT and delete what once you thought was so good, now garbage and choosing to start all over..:rainbowsuicide:.. How Ryan wrote not only one book, but a second one too, I will never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That happened to me a lot when trying to write my second book. I wrote and published my first book within something like 6 weeks. Then it took me from late 2013 until now to write the second. I kept deciding I hated what I had, or that I didn't want to go in a certain direction. Just keep persisting and eventually, you'll get there. I'm doing a lot of planning for the novels I'm working on, simply so that when it does come to writing them, I don't have the same issues as I had before.

• Upvote 1

Wording is  very important because the type of writing I am working on is a story and I really want to help the reader paint the scene in their own minds. 

Should I add small and rather moot detail, or should I let the reader conjure up the externals of the story in their own heads? 

Just curious to get thoughts on the matter!

4 minutes ago, Ludwig_Van said:

Wording is  very important because the type of writing I am working on is a story and I really want to help the reader paint the scene in their own minds. 

Should I add small and rather moot detail, or should I let the reader conjure up the externals of the story in their own heads? 

Just curious to get thoughts on the matter!

I tend to think that more detail helps tell your story better. If you leave details out, yes, it means the reader can paint the scene more to their own vision, but it means that when they read the story, they aren't going to be experiencing the story that you intended for them to experience.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

I tend to think that more detail helps tell your story better. If you leave details out, yes, it means the reader can paint the scene more to their own vision, but it means that when they read the story, they aren't going to be experiencing the story that you intended for them to experience.

Kraken.jpg