Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
Harry_Hilter

R.I.P Chester Bennington of Linkin Park

Harry_Hilter    90

I wasn't sure where to put this thread if better suited elsewhere, please Admin feel free to move it to a better spot, Thank you. 

Chester Bennington was found hanging in his closet on July 20th. Toxicology reports that they found alcohol in his system, but no illegal drugs. Suicide is a terrible thing, and mental illnesses are often hidden below the surface, appreciate everyone you have in your life and tell them how much they mean to you, daily. My heart goes out to his family and friends during this time, Chester was greatly loved and adored by many and he will be forever missed. 

ragreynolds    753

Is it bad if I say "I don't care"? Because I've honestly yet to hear about a celebrity death that even slightly bothered me.

bryanna    201
14 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

Is it bad if I say "I don't care"? Because I've honestly yet to hear about a celebrity death that even slightly bothered me.

It's just weird that even if you liked a celebrity when you were younger, because you don't really follow them anymore it doesn't matter if they die. And that's probably not the case with Chester but you've said that for some celebrities. Does it not make you think of a time when you were a fan of that person and enjoyed what they were doing or creating? Just trying to understand cause it's odd to me.

Personally for me, I was a fan of Linkin Park when I was like 14, so it's been quite a while since I've listened to their music at all. I can honestly say that as I grew out of their music I saw their songs as more of memes than something to be taken serious, but when news broke out that Chester killed himself I was sad because the music that I loved when I was younger is gone in a sense.

Also not related to what Ryan said, but people took their lyrics for a joke, me included but not on such a scale that others took it. When their new album came out, there was huge backlash and people were giving them shit on social media about how their music has changed and they're shit now. I haven't personally listened to the album and I'm not going to but it's actually quite weird and sad to think that the lyrics are kind of like Chester's final words? Like suicide notes in musical form?  Don't know if that makes any sense but he was writing what he was feeling and nobody took it seriously so he ended his life? Like looking back he had a giant platform to cry out for help and nobody did anything. Scary fucking shit if you ask me, the music industry gets really dark. 

• Upvote 1

Tyrantblade    4

Im not a big fan of much of their music past their second album; but i still find it disheartening that he killed himself.

Seeker    113
On 24/07/2017 at 9:18 AM, ragreynolds said:

Not really. You shouldn't be expected to to care about someone if you don't.

RIP Chester.

• Upvote 2

Chester Bennington left us early. A music icon that will be missed. When I was young, Linkin Park was everything to me. When I used to listen to Chester, when I was younger, I used to imagine that it was I that was singing on that stage. Even if I stopped listening, even my ears wanted to listen to something more soothing as I grew, I'm still upset that he left us so early and in that manner that he did. His pain was too great. I wish his family all the best. I lost my father to suicide too, it will not be easy for them. I loved Chester, I really did.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this