Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

ragreynolds    762

We are currently in the longest stretch of inactivity in RR history. There have been times in the past where RR has had very few posts for maybe say a few weeks or a month, but never has there been an instance where we have had such a slow down of activity that has lasted this long. So this thread is for everyone to band together and suggest ways for us to make the site more active again.

Before I move on to give my thoughts, note that I have recently updated the forum software, and the previous default theme is now not entirely compatible, so I have reverted to the default IPB theme - if any admins want to install new themes, then go ahead. The update I did has added the ability to 'react' to posts and not just like or dislike them. This should bring a new depth to posting and reacting to posts across the site. If any admins would like to add new reaction options, then please go ahead.

Also in the update is the addition of clubs. You can access the clubs section of the forums from the bar along the top of the website. Feel free to make your own unique clubs and do as you wish with them.

Now, as for my opinions: I think the main issue with RR is that we don't have an influx of new members. RR always flourished when the Onision forums and other forums were co-existing. This is because we were essentially networking with other websites, and often times some of them would come to RR and enjoy it here more than anywhere else. As of right now, alakazam's forums are no longer a thing, Ionic Forums are no longer a thing, Micah and his people have completely disassociated with everyone, and the Onision forums have been in a terrible state under terrible free software. The Onision forums are so bad (and also quite inactive) that there's no point even using them. We've outlasted everyone (as I always said we would) but we are also left standing on our own. 

We need to network more. We need more members. And when we get members, they need to be people who aren't part of an already existing circle of friends. The vast majority of members on RR today, are people from one or two friend circles, with the rest of the members mostly just being some stragglers who pass through every now and again. This is one of the reasons why currently active members rarely even make topics - they have no reason to. If people are already in a Discord server or a Skype group with everyone they like from RR, it's more likely that they're just going to talk about whatever the subject is on whatever platform it is that they're using, since going to RR doesn't give them any added benefit, if anything, it's just a waste of time for them. So what we desperately need is to have more members, and it is vital that they are from out-with our current circles.

Quite honestly, I believe everything I've just said to be the only big issues. I don't think there's an issue with the way the site runs, and I don't think there's an issue with software. But maybe I'm missing something. So, it would really help me out if people could answer the following questions:

1. What are your main reasons for using RR?
2. What would make you use RR more?
3. Give 3 things that you think RR is great for.
4. Give 3 things about RR you'd like to see change.
5. What would make you post more new topics?

• Upvote 2

Seeker    113

It's a cozy little community and part of my habitual social media routine thing.

Besides more activity?

First: Rational discussion. There's a decent amount of viewpoint diversity among generally mature (excluding me) members, and the staff seem generally pro free speech, which means even controversial subjects can be discussed. Second: Out of forum interaction is huge. Third: Making friends. I'll go as far as saying it's one of few small communities, where I don't dislike any of the regulars.

Besides more activity? Well, there's a kinda baptism by fire for new members, which might discourage people from joining in. I'm indifferent towards seeing it change, but if you want new people, we should probably give them a break. If you want it toned down, let me know. I know I'm one of the worst in that regard.

I'll post threads when I think about it. Ideas come and go.

• Thanks 1

Last forum i really use.

Giving me more hours in the day. Generally though, more threads to do with politics, films and gaming that will garner attention.

Politics, film and TV, gaming

I cant really think of anything past more members, everything else is user usage.

more people getting involved and time on my part really.

I think you're right, everyone is incredibly busy or doing their own thing where rr just doesn't fit in, our group can be incredibly cliquey, which can put members off.

From my experience trying to get more people to join, it can genuinely be tough no matter who you know or what you do. we tried on ionic, staff members were made but ultimately no matter how much time and effort was put in, the active members weren't active enough to keep new members around. the biggest contributers weren't there. Because we also found that forums and sites relating to ionic had members on it ionic was trying to avoid. That was the two biggest issues really and i think neither were that big but they ended up being costly because people couldn't commit the time but then also didn't want trouble being brewed from finding new members. Thats how i felt anyway about it. Forgot to add, I don't think these would be an issue for RR though.

Edited by EndangeredShark
  • Thanks 1

TokentheToken    119
15 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

1. i luv u all

2. well, i'm much more active irl than I have been in the past couple of years, that's really it. i just need more personal time, i'm only so "active" is because i always have the homepage pulled up 

3. great diversity, keeping up with the news, you can post literally whatever u want

4. for me, i just wanna see more people

5. i feel like i'm shouting in an empty room if i post new topics since they end up flopping, maybe i'm just not interesting lol

• Thanks 1

bryanna    202

1. What are your main reasons for using RR? boredom to be honest, not a lot of people are ever on here and the people who would be on here are on discord 
2. What would make you use RR more? more people using it, new members would be great but so far any new people that show up are unbearable i think we can all agree on that
3. Give 3 things that you think RR is great for. me, caity, easy place to sort discussions that could also be in chats but more organized here i guess
4. Give 3 things about RR you'd like to see change. layout, more members that arent retarded, less focus on you ryan if im being honest you sorta make this site look like a fan forum for you when really its just everyone as a community. personally hate the name of the site and it seems over time less people have been referring to everyone as rr people because we're all just over it. you wiped out the forum and started over, maybe a full on rebrand is the way to go
5. What would make you post more new topics? more activity really. i dont post a lot of topics anymore because they get 1 or 2 replies and it ends up being pointless

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

1. A place to bitch or compliment games I do or do not like, political happens even if I rarely say anything about them, I just like to read them and a place to vent and maybe get advice from time to time.

2. People not being assholes. I think if others don't like opinions or thoughts of another user, don't SAY or DO anything about it because even if a user doesn't like it, there was a reason a thing was posted in the first place. While we can't police everyone's thoughts, feelings or emotions, people should be able to police themselves to a degree because we're all adults here, or at least, we're supposed to be. 

3. Memes and shit posting thread. Sharing music with others and basically, just a place to shoot the shit.

4.Only one thing I can think of, and that is to NOT scare off the noobs that join the site. Granted not everyone will LIKE everyone else, but there should be a common decency at  least.

5. People just generally not being assholes for no apparent reason whatsoever.

I guess you can see that my overall theme is "Don't be a dick". and there are some members who should take my words to heart, I come here because I am a fan of Ryan and I actually like some of the members,

• Thanks 1

Debate, banter and the possibility of drama.

More debate threads on serious issues instead of threads about irrelant youtubers that are still fighting this "youtube culture war". I've grown tired of both the "skeptic community" and the SJWs within youtube and when it comes over here in the terms of threads, I don't want to spend my time writing a reply because I have more important things to do.

I want a civilised discussion about serious debates. I would appreciate if maybe we created threads where we all vote on an issue, then debate about about it like in politics or like 'intelligence squared' and then vote again on that same issue so we're debating but with purpose too.

Also about activity.... If you're struggling bringing members from your youtube channel maybe integrate your forums with your youtube channel. If you need people to debate with maybe ask us the members to take part? Promote your forums within your channel since you're growing a following.

Debate, banter and the possibility of drama.

Activity(more members), a focus on more serious debates that require intellectuality within them (less threads about irrelevant youtubers) and more drama FAM. Maybe ask Holly to come back...:awesome:

Enough members to make that thread large, HOT and fun. Sometimes I'm reluctant to post a thread because that debate topic lacks activity like most do. If I'm going to make a very large reply which means I've taken that thread seriously (like this one) that thread has to be also taken seriously and to have activity.

If we focus more on debating philosophy, politics (NOT JUST AMERICAN ONES), morals, religion and other issues that require a brain to interact with then I'd be more than happy to post more threads like that.

EDIT : FIX THIS

5980b8bb249d7_ScreenShot2017-08-01at18_21_20.thumb.png.b310d2f1c81aa40479582dea1447fe2b.png

Edited by His_Majesty_Jimmy_I
  • Thanks 1

ragreynolds    762
21 minutes ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

EDIT : FIX THIS

5980b8bb249d7_ScreenShot2017-08-01at18_21_20.thumb.png.b310d2f1c81aa40479582dea1447fe2b.png

I recommend using the default theme for the time being until I get updated themes for the new update.

• Thanks 1

If anyone wishes to discuss politics in a very comprehensive and meaningful manner ...please join The House of RR.

5980ca49de9c6_ScreenShot2017-08-01at19_35_06.thumb.png.20954917f7b7bb65987199654d46c0ce.png

It is a very elegant place where everyone is welcome.

Australians must however ask permission from The Head of State of RR, @ragreynolds to join.

britain_obit_thatcher-3.thumb.jpg.7950a1c3fc5db84a210ed6d093a9d99e.jpg

Rules are as stated from

Standing Orders of The House of RR 2017

The only major rule is no filibustering that has no relevance to the topic (no spamming or diverting the thread)

Unparliamentary language is not prohibited as such but disorderly behaviour, lack of formality and personal insults are discouraged.

More rules can be put to the floor as amendments to The House of RR Act 2017 in the way of how debates should be conducted. All you have to do is create such thread and a poll along side it.

Any member who goes against the debating rules will be asked to withdraw their statement. 

If they refuse to withdraw their statement against their own volition three times, I shall be compelled to order the member to withdraw from the House for the remainder of the day.

If a member is withdrawn three times he'll be banned from the house indefinitely.

Speaker-of-the-House-of-Commons-John-Ber

IT IS TIME WE HAD OUR OWN PARLIAMENT!

5980cea71e7f7_houseofcommons.jpg.4500b8cb2f5d15ff9155ff8cdea7550a.jpg