Sign in to follow this  
Myvagmademedoit

Fuck Photobucket!

I like to photoshop images when I feel inspired, it's a hobby of mine and I have a whole collection of things I have made over the years and can see where my progress has taken me, and again this is just a hobby of mine. I have used Photobucket, a free image hosting and sharing site for  many many years now and I have discovered days AFTER it happened a (The start of this was July 20) that Photobucket  no longer will let you share picture links of any sort. Not without paying a whopping 400 dollar subscription fee. Photobucket is going to go under for this if this is not fixed, Photobucket started as a free service. If you have any images you would like to keep on Photobucket and host at a later date, or even just to make sure you still have the photos in case anything happens to Photobucket because of this, save them to your  PC and then find another image hosting site! Not sure if anyone else knows about this, but I think the 400 bucks sub fee is VERY WRONG! 

• Upvote 1

I stopped using Photobucket a long time ago. I used it for around 6 months in 2012. I uploaded everything to my account and would share my images around (mainly on forums). Then one day all of my shared image links were broken. So I went to my Photobucket account and found out that I had exceeded my monthly bandwidth, meaning that people could only view my images a set number of times per month, and if I wanted more people to see my images, I'd have to pay more. I refused to use them again after that.

• Like 1

Edit: misunderstood what you meant.

I'd suggest doing it differently, store your photos on three platforms, PC, hard drive and the cloud. Whenever you want to share them, use imgur, I always thought it was a great website for sharing photos imo.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

Edit: misunderstood what you meant.

I'd suggest doing it differently, store your photos on three platforms, PC, hard drive and the cloud. Whenever you want to share them, use imgur, I always thought it was a great website for sharing photos imo.

Hostimageforfree.com is a great Photobucket alternative. It does the same shit, but it's entirely free. Ala told me about it and I've been using it for 2 years now.

1 hour ago, ragreynolds said:

@Harry_Hilter is this true?

Nah, I don't think the stuff I make is that good enough for DA. ive recently moved on from Photobucket and am using IMGBB for the hosting of my work and important pictures.

21 hours ago, bryanna said:

honestly took molly for a deviantart kinda girl

Thank you, that is a very big compliment seeing as how most of the stuff I have seen on Deviant art is rather good.