Welcome to RR

Message of the day

If you don't do heroin, you're gay.

Join a club

Maybe even start your own. Just don't join the crazy cultist one. That one seems like one to avoid.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

New Focus & Clubs

ragreynolds    767

As you can probably see, RR looks a bit different than you're probbaly used to. The site was dying, and I've decided to take it in a new direction. With the latest IPB update, a feature called 'Clubs' was added. I've decided to push full steam ahead with this feature, and essentually make it the new focus of RR. Looking at the RR homepage, you will notice that almost all of the sub-forums are gone. This is because all sub-forums/topics have been moved to clubs.

Clubs enables us to allow members to pick and choose the content they want to see. Are you someone who enjoys movies? Then join the movie club. Are you someone who doesn't like drama? Then don't join the drama club. We even have a NSFW club for those of us who still want to view and post that sort of content.

Clubs also enabled us to have different feels throughout the forums. For instance, there are a lot of members who do not want insults being thrown around, and who would rather only have people being nice to one another. Well, via clubs, we can have it so that certain clubs will not tolerate certain types of behaviour. Meaning that if someone breaks one of the club rules, they are banned from that club, without having to be banned from the site.

Clubs can be made for pretty much anything, and I encourage members to create their own clubs. However, all clubs will go through a validation process, meaning that myself or one of the other staff members will have to approve or disapprove of your club. This helps to prevent an influx of repetitive or unecessary clubs from flooding the site.

Finally, having the club system means that we can have sectional moderators. It means that we can take people who are very interested in a single subject, and give them moderation power over it. Please do note that moderating will mainly be needed in regards to maintaining clubs, meaning that mods will be expected to keep their clubs looking good, and they will also be expected to try and boost activity in their clubs as best they can.

If anyone is interested in being a mod for a club that has already been created then please send me a PM and let me know.

Over the next few months, I am going to be extensively advertising RR on various platforms. I did this in the past and it has never once failed me. But for the last 18 months or so, I have neglected a lot of the things I used to do, and in turn, the site activity has greatly decreased. I hope to undo the damage done to RR from my inactivity.

So here's to a fresh new direction of RR.

For staff:

Spoiler

After the recent update, all of the themes became plagued with issues. The only theme that actually works well now is the default one. I'd be happy for any staff members to be in charge of the sites appearance. Feel free to install whatever themes you want and just make the site look nice. Please make use of the staff forum to discuss any other changes you'd like to see or make. Thanks.

Tagging a bunch of people so everyone is aware of what is going on...

@TokentheToken @SkyBlu @bryanna @Sappho @Viiolai

@Seeker @The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy @ArseRaptor @EndangeredShark @Oppi @Harry_Hilter @Tyrantblade @_C_O_T_O_ @sheilamotko @Retskrid @Aimieee @The-Jackal @pxc @Justin13 @GeneralDingo @Cocoacody @Flying_Squirrel @snoop @Snip @GAR @Tangytang @Hawk @lily @Nox @Seito @aren @Daddy @dawndundun @Thor @CleoSelene @Protejade @Kelley @Kitten @Theflyingcactus @Zen @Rhalph

• Upvote 2

bryanna    203
5 hours ago, TokentheToken said:

i'm useless with design, I'd be the next Kelley 

i dont think anyone can top kelley when it comes to brilliant design

• Like 1

bryanna    203
9 minutes ago, Harry_Hilter said:

How do we post topics in clubs? 

click on the discussions part of the club and there will be a button that says start new topic

• Upvote 2

Justin13    84

Finally have my laptop at tech school so should be easier to hop on here and there. My inactivity won't be quite as prominent henceforth.

• Like 1

ArseRaptor    76
54 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE

But the way it was set up before it was like every other forum in the world, subforums were easy to find and easy to navigate.
Now its just hidden behind a banner of "we wanna try something new", and its shit.

ragreynolds    767
1 hour ago, ArseRaptor said:

But the way it was set up before it was like every other forum in the world, subforums were easy to find and easy to navigate.
Now its just hidden behind a banner of "we wanna try something new", and its shit.

It's purposely different, and it's different in order to try and bring something new to the site. The old way was done for a long, long time, just like every other forum. People were losing interest, and this is a way to spice things up a bit. You're the first person to say something bad about it.

It also isn't hard to navigate at all. It's as simple as choosing a club (basically a sub-forum) and then choosing the topics as you would have before. The only difference is that you have to click on the clubs tab to do it. But I'm hoping to have the clubs page made into the home page.