buy a fridge retard

Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Open Club  ·  17 members

Sign in to follow this  
Myvagmademedoit

Onision's Bad Business sense.

On Youtube, Onision's channel "Onision" is now a Paid channel, meaning It is 49 cents a month to watch his channel. (Link: https://www.youtube.com/user/Onision/videos)  Or 6 bucks a year to watch his videos. 

I think it would be very fair of him to have a level, maybe at 15-30 dollars given to him, he should unlock his Onision paid channel to his Patreons of that level, but no, even if anyone was to become a Patron of Onision, they would still have to pay to see his Onision channel and so I think if someone was giving Onision 15+ as a Patron of his, this should be included as well. https://www.patreon.com/bePatron?c=858953

His channel "Onision" and more specifically, "Chibi Derf" was the whole reason I started to like his comedy channel (Not really a speaks fan, I  just mainly liked his comedy) and now, no chibi, and his fans have  to PAY to see that channel, even if they're already a Patron. 

No thanks!!!!!!!

sheilamotko    49

Let me be straight up..first..I don't like having to pay to watch videos on youtube..but this is not Greg's fault . If youtube didn't mark his videos they way they do..he probably wouldn't have made a Patreon or made his main channel a pay channel..he's not the only channel that does this. I am not sticking up for him..just stating how sometimes Youtube interfears with any youtuber who creates videos they don't deam to their standerd. You used to be able to do how you wanted on your topics..now you have to be careful or the Youtube do rights will mess your channel up. Weather you like him or not..he's gonna do what he needs to  do to put food on the table. And no I don't always agree with what he says or does..but he posts what he wishes on his channels and social media. He is actually going on YouNow and doing UhOhBro live interacting with his fans. And the ones who can pay..they are eating that up lol. So watch who you want not everybody is  gonna like who you like either.

bryanna    214

i don't follow gregs drama that much anymore but i saw that the other day and apparently people are speculating that he might sneakily raise the price every once in a while so that people who won't check might not notice and end up paying more than they thought they were but we'll see 

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    792

I understand why he's doing it, but I think it's a bad move.

It was reported that before all this apocalypse stuff started, he was making around 20 grand a month on YouTube ad revenue. Now, he's making 10% of what he was making before. So now, he's making roughly 2 grand a month on ad revenue. He also has Patreon, where he's making around 5 grand a month. So currently, he's making 7 grand a month, plus any extras he'll be getting from using YouNow. Now that's a decent amount of money, and it's certainly a lot more than the average person earns in a month, however, it's significantly less than what he was making before. To go from 20 grand to 7 grand is a huge loss, which means he has to change his life up. He has to sell his other house (that he uses only for filming videos - he calls it his 'set') and he might have to get rid of one of his cars and just share the other with Lainey - but I doubt this. I've no idea how his bills can really be more than 7 grand, but let's just ignore that for now.

So he's making 7 grand rather than 20, and he sees an opportunity to charge 49 cents a month on his main channel. He had around 2 million subscribers there if only 10% of those people subscribed (200,000) that would mean he'd make roughly 100 grand a month. Thing is, people are often resilient to pay for content they were previously getting for free, so a large portion will flat out refuse. Then there's the issue that the majority of his audience is under 18, meaning that they probably don't have any way to pay him. And unfortunately for him, the people most likely to pay him are those that are too young to pay him. The people that want to pay him are already his Patrons, and he has 1300 of those. There's a $1 option on there, and being honest, what's an extra 51 cents? No one is gonna care about that extra 51 cents, so if people wanted to pay for his content, they already would have on Patreon. I'd be surprised if he makes more than a grand a month from these paid subscriptions (that'd be 2000 people subscribing). I guess he still has his other channels so it could balance out. But I really do think it's going to drive more people away.

• Upvote 1

Think it just shows how shitty he actually is. Here's the thing, you should never live beyond your means and many of his fans will be living pay cheque to pay cheque. So to then ask for even more money when 7k would be enough to cover his bills with spare change is disgusting, he has no excuse to continue to ask for more money. All this shows to me is this is a man who thinks he's entitled to this money and won't do anything to reduce his lifestyle but rather take more money when he's already doing pretty well for himself. He cannot money manage and it'll ruin him and his family.

Personal feelings aside and professional head on. Ryan is absolutely right, this isnt a good business move, I don't imagine this will garner more money, 50c isnt a lot but an ongoing charge is something that puts people off and he now has to play it very carefully as if his younger fans ask their parents and they don't agree with his content, he's not getting that money, but he isnt going to censor himself either for it... It will put him under a lot more scrutiny and I think he might end up losing more than he's gaining from this.

If I was Greg, I'd consider getting someone to manage his money for him, YouTube is a business, his career and as far as I can see, is that if he has to keep asking for it, he cannot keep himself afloat. I think he needs to sit down with his bank and figure his shit out... Unless, you know he's lying and is doing just fine and has always done so and just knows he can milk the public for more money because that's all he's ever cared about.

• Upvote 1

sheilamotko    49

Like I said..I don't like paying either..and right now I don't have the funds to so,I seemed to not be able to get hired anywhere though I fill out the apps online and when I am out and about..I guess employers don't like hiring people over 50 and up..to high of a medical risk I guess..We are barely getting the rent up..But I will continue to watch the free channels..My channel is free...I just don't post like I used to..because of my son's gf thinks its her job to monitor my youtube channel . Well that in itself is a long story. Maybe one day he'll see that all fans who support him by even watching is important to. But he's not the only Youtuber that has paid channels..he's just doing what he does. We can't judge him for that. You either like the man and his content or you don't...Just like if someone puts down Ryan for his videos...I will jump and defend him too. I don't personally agree with everything he says or does(Greg I mean) but he is his own person.I don't take any of his videos seriously ..In the times he's actually commented on my posts in the past ,he's always be nice and never rude. Where others have had other kinds of experience ..You all should like who you like and promote them often...I don't just watch Onision videos all day, even before Patreon and his paid channel.I watch different youtubers..on different subjects and topics.sorry I said so much..Live your life and support who you want. Just be happy...

Sign in to follow this