Message of the day

buy a fridge retard

Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
Myvagmademedoit

Has this ever happened to you?

Have you ever been talking to anyone with a different accent than your own, as in something vastly different from yours, from another part of the country you live in or a different country altogether, and then you pick up their accent? I don't mean over time, I mean like right away. and then have to apologize profusely because the person thinks you're mocking them when you really aren't? 

When I was younger, I lived in New Jersey and would travel to Philly often, both of which have distinct accents, Jersey and Philly are kind  of similar, but both distinct at the same time. Then when a little older my family moved to the south west, which again is very much different. I heard people say things I wasn't used to saying myself like "Fixin' ta" and soon I picked it up. To use that in a sentence 

sheilamotko    52

Yes it has..I will be sitting with a friend who has a thick New York accent ..and I will start  talking in that accent..Same with the a friend from the South..I will do the same..now that's happened to me..I usually don't know I am doing it until someone points it out lol:lmao:

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this