ragreynolds

Do you care about being a nice person?

How do you define being nice? Do you think you're nice? Do you actively try to be nice?

Personally, I like to tell people that I'm the nicest nasty person you'll ever meet. I'm a tolerant person, and I'm generous and nice to my friends and family. I always stick to my word, and I don't go out of my way to hurt other people. However, I am blunt, I am unapologetic, and I often lack remorse. If someone wrongs me, the gloves are off and there are no limits.

I don't particularly care about being viewed as a nice person. I prefer to be viewed as honest and trustworthy rather than nice.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

How do you define being nice? Do you think you're nice? Do you actively try to be nice?

Personally, I like to tell people that I'm the nicest nasty person you'll ever meet. I'm a tolerant person, and I'm generous and nice to my friends and family. I always stick to my word, and I don't go out of my way to hurt other people. However, I am blunt, I am unapologetic, and I often lack remorse. If someone wrongs me, the gloves are off and there are no limits.

I don't particularly care about being viewed as a nice person. I prefer to be viewed as honest and trustworthy rather than nice.

I'm good to people that are good to me. I activly try to be good to others, hoping they're good to me, but  if they're not good to me, then fuck 'em. Aint nobody  got time for that shit.  My father had a philosophy that I agree with, and that is "it's nice to be nice" an d that means being good to those that are good to you. One can be viewed as a nice person, and  still be honest and trustworthy, Let me give you an example, look at ANY of Onion's  content on Youtube, he's a dick often and  does it under the guise of "honesty" which is total bullshit. In this video here, because Trisha Paytas didnt understand/like Onion's past relationships and marriages, or even his current marriage, he lashed out and called her a ninja turtle and Fiona from Shrek, which was entirely uncalled for. I think he should have just stuck to the topics at hand rather  than attacking her physical appearance because she and him don't have the same moral compass as one another.  This happens in the first twenty seconds of this video. This is just an example of my point here and why i think it's good to be good to everyone you  meet. 

Someone can very well be honest and truthful, but  also can be kind and considerate to others, Not all truths NEED to be said ALL the time. Am I suggesting anyone lie? of course not, I would never  suggest such a thing, but I think it's nice to be nice and take others into account before letting that bold and brazen honesty fly.  My response to his comment pretty much sums up my feelings. 

I think that was kind of a classless move to belittle Trisha Paytas's physical apperance by making refrences that she looked like Fiona from Shrek, just because you didnt agree with the video she made about you. That just didnt need to be said, nor did the ninja turtles thing. Not very nice. With that said, Trisha needs to keep her nose out of your business and in her own drama queen life.

• Like 1

How do you define being nice?

Probably by the cliche of treating those you get nothing from kindly. I think most people would do a lot for loved ones but what would you do for a stranger?

Do you think you're nice?

I’d like to think so.

Do you actively try to be nice?

Only around people who chew with their mouth open. Gotta summon all the strength in the world not to go on a rampage

• Like 1

I like to think I go out of my way to be nice to strangers but with close friends or just people I'm fond of, it's not that I'm not nice, I'm just more honest with my actions. A lot of people confuse being blunt with being a dick, and being blunt doesn't make you a dick. It can just come across that way. 

For example, if a stranger (i.e. someone I just met and don't really know) were to ask me for advice about something personal, I'd be as nice as possible and refrain from upsetting them.

With a close friend, that's not the case. I'll be as honest as I can, regardless of whether or not they get upset, because that's their problem. If they asked for advice they're gonna have to deal with whatever I say. 

But yeah in general I'd say I'm somewhat nice. :blush:

Personally, I think i am a nice person. Whether others agree is a different matter all together. I don't particularly care if i am viewed as nice or not. I know the image i want out there and if people think I am nice, it is an added bonus to a brand I like to think I already have.

I think being nice is treating people with a basic level of decency and respect. I think being nice is just a natural thing, saying thank you to the cashier and asking how their day is, investing your time into your friends well being. I think everyone is inherently nice, but I think it's something that is placed on the back burner in the hustle and bustle of the world. 

Don't get me wrong, if someone does you wrong then fuck it, that goes out the window, but I like to think at least trying to be good and a nice person helps others around you. I prefer honesty over niceness anyday, but i find that it is very easy to disguise those two things as one. It is very easy to be use "niceness" as a way of being honest and using "honesty" as niceness in a way to be vindictive, nasty and horrible.