Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

Is Theresa May the right person to lead us through Brexit?

Is Theresa May the right person to lead us through Brexit?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Is Theresa May the right person to lead us through Brexit?

• Yes/she should continue on in her position
    • No/a pro-Brexit politician would be better suited
    • Other

After being asked 3 times in one interview, Theresa May refused to say that she would support Brexit if she had the chance to vote again.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/oct/10/theresa-may-refuses-to-say-if-she-would-vote-for-brexit-in-fresh-poll

Theresa May clearly isn't pro-Brexit, so the question I'd like to ask is whether or not you think she is the person best suited to the task of leading Britain through the Brexit process. Do you think she should carry on in her position, or should she make way for a clear pro-Brexit politician, whose heart is actually in the work that they would be doing?

Personally, I think she should step down. I like her less every day, and I have zero confidence in her ability to lead the country through Brexit.

• Upvote 1

I agree. One of the things I "learned" (it's common sense really, so I didn't so much learn it. More reinforced) in management was that people are a lot more effective at doing something when they're enthusiastic about it. It goes without saying, but it's wouldn't just get you a better deal, but perhaps a better deal in a faster time as well. One of the reasons the Netherlands has a 4 day working week as standard is because the productivity drastically increased, meaning it was more efficient for give workers a longer weekend. 

One of the things I've repeatedly noticed watching interviews with Theresa in is not only her lack of enthusiasm but also the lack of progress and how vague her stance is on it all. The whole process seems like a slog and it shouldn't be. We've had well over a year to figure out where we stand and what our options are, but up until recently we haven't learned a whole lot about what we're actually going to do. 

That said, she's clearing up after Dave, who basically got things off to a very very bad start. So with that in mind, she's doing okay given the situation, but I still see a lot of room for improvement. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Flying_Squirrel said:

I agree. One of the things I "learned" (it's common sense really, so I didn't so much learn it. More reinforced) in management was that people are a lot more effective at doing something when they're enthusiastic about it. It goes without saying, but it's wouldn't just get you a better deal, but perhaps a better deal in a faster time as well. One of the reasons the Netherlands has a 4 day working week as standard is because the productivity drastically increased, meaning it was more efficient for give workers a longer weekend. 

One of the things I've repeatedly noticed watching interviews with Theresa in is not only her lack of enthusiasm but also the lack of progress and how vague her stance is on it all. The whole process seems like a slog and it shouldn't be. We've had well over a year to figure out where we stand and what our options are, but up until recently we haven't learned a whole lot about what we're actually going to do. 

That said, she's clearing up after Dave, who basically got things off to a very very bad start. So with that in mind, she's doing okay given the situation, but I still see a lot of room for improvement. 

I think a big part of the problem with Theresa May is that she seems to be trying to appease both sides of the Brexit argument... only to upset them both.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this