Sign in to follow this  
Thor

Languages

We learn them and speak them.

What languages do you know?

Do you speak multiple languages?

Would you like to learn more than one other language?

Do you know a lot or a little of a language? 

I obviously know English. I also know a tiny bit of Mexican Spanish.

Other languages I'd like to learn would be German, Spanish and maybe Japanese.

Edited by Thor

I can speak three languages, four if you count Portuguese, which you shouldn't, since they only speak it in parts of the world that don't matter.

5 hours ago, ragreynolds said:

I can speak three languages, four if you count Portuguese, which you shouldn't, since they only speak it in parts of the world that don't matter.

whaaat? what languages do you speak?

Fluent in English, duh.

Turkish I can read easily but speaking and understanding I'm not fluent with, but my parents expect me to know it even though I had to learn it all myself from a 'Let's Learn Turkish' book I bought whereas my older siblings got to go to Turkish classes :/

I understand a bit and can speak/read some Spanish, got a B in GCSE(would've been A but my listening exam was shit) and that info is there to stay!

I used to try to teach myself some Japanese back in like 2007-09 but I didn't get very far so I can only understand some words and small phrases.

• Upvote 1

I'm obviously fluent in English and I know parts of Italian and Spanish. I would kill a bitch to learn Latin.

1 minute ago, Sappho said:

English, Pig Latin, and Hebrew?

English (UK), English (US), and English (AU).

You could also add French I suppose, but I'm not fluent in that, even though I got an A and only dropped 1 mark across the four exams.

I also know very basic Italian because I eat out in Italian restaurants 2-3 times per week.

11 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

English (UK), English (US), and English (AU).

You could also add French I suppose, but I'm not fluent in that, even though I got an A and only dropped 1 mark across the four exams.

I also know very basic Italian because I eat out in Italian restaurants 2-3 times per week.

you cannot seriously count those as three different languages

• Upvote 1

I speak American English, I understand AU English as well as UK English 

I'm not totally fluent in other languages, but I understand some German and speak some Hebrew, more Hebrew than German.

My grandmother told me years ago when I was in high school "Incase that shit (The holocaust) happens again, you'll be ready, Learn German" 

Because I understand a little German, and Hebrew, I also understand Yiddish because Yiddish is a highball language of German and Hebrew combined. 

Edited by MyVagMadeMeDoIt

41 minutes ago, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

I speak American English, I understand AU English as well as UK English 

I'm not totally fluent in other languages, but I understand some German and speak some Hebrew, more Hebrew than German.

My grandmother told me years ago when I was in high school "Incase that shit (The holocaust) happens again, you'll be ready, Learn German" 

Because I understand a little German, and Hebrew, I also understand Yiddish because Yiddish is a highball language of German and Hebrew combined. 

Greatest advice ever to come from a Grandma.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Thor said:

We learn them and speak them.

What languages do you know?

Do you speak multiple languages?

Would you like to learn more than one other language?

Do you know a lot or a little of a language? 

I obviously know English. I also know a tiny bit of Mexican Spanish.

Other languages I'd like to learn would be German, Spanish and maybe Japanese.

i only speak norwegian and english.
BUT i also understand swedish and danish (as they're basically the same language with heavy dialects)
i can read maybe 50% of german and icelandic if given enough time.
i'd like to learn russian, it seems like a good idea with the current political stuff.

Danish English, French. A bit of Spanish and German. I can understand Norwegian and Swedish, some Icelandic. Would love learning either Russian, Finnish or Korean.