Welcome to RR

Message of the day

buy a fridge retard

Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

Thoughts on drugs and their legalisation?

What are your thoughts on drug legalisation?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on drug legalisation?

• They should all be illegal.
    • Legalise weed but keep the rest illegal.
    • Legalise most drugs but not all (post details below).
    • Legalise all drugs.

ragreynolds    798

What do you think about drugs and their legalisation? Should all drugs be legalised? Should only weed be legal? Should none of it be legal? (Obviously I'm not referring to medicine, I'm talking strictly about recreational use).

I say you legalise all drugs, and I say this for a few reasons.

1. People should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies, and that should include putting whatever they want into it.
  2. It would eliminate the need for drug dealers, which in turn would put an end to most organised crime and would cause less people to actually try more hardcore drugs. It would also mean that people would be getting exactly what they were paying for, rather than drugs that are possibly laced with other things.
  3. Taxation of legal drugs could do wonders for the economy. Just look at what weed legalisation has done for places such as Colorado.
  4. If there was a system in place where addicts could legally get a fix, it would stop them from mugging helpless people in the streets and breaking into houses.
  • Upvote 2

Protejade    16

Most drugs should be legal. But I feel like hardcore things that could seriously hurt you, Like heroin, should be illegal.

Cocaine, weed, LSD and other drugs like those that dont really harm you to the extent of things like meth should be allowed because they are just as damaging as alcohol and alcohol is legal. 

Personal use possession should be legal, saying it shouldn't creates a ridiculous amount of double standards. Should we criminalise alcohol, nicotine, aerosols, bleach?

On the contrary though, I do have a firm belief that dealers should be put away. I disagree though that the government should start selling and taxing hard drugs personally because I believe that would mean you would have government enabling drug use.

The government still needs to have a tough stance against it without criminalizing the ill.

Selling is a crime that should be punished, using is an illness that should be treated.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
  • Upvote 4

52 minutes ago, ragreynolds said:

What do you think about drugs and their legalisation? Should all drugs be legalised? Should only weed be legal? Should none of it be legal? (Obviously I'm not referring to medicine, I'm talking strictly about recreational use).

I say you legalise all drugs, and I say this for a few reasons.

1. People should be able to do whatever they want with their own bodies, and that should include putting whatever they want into it.
  2. It would eliminate the need for drug dealers, which in turn would put an end to most organised crime and would cause less people to actually try more hardcore drugs. It would also mean that people would be getting exactly what they were paying for, rather than drugs that are possibly laced with other things.
  3. Taxation of legal drugs could do wonders for the economy. Just look at what weed legalisation has done for places such as Colorado.
  4. If there was a system in place where addicts could legally get a fix, it would stop them from mugging helpless people in the streets and breaking into houses.

I agree with you!! It would stop a lot of bullshit

Where I live, there is a regular weekly needle exchange for IV drug users. it's not something that gives them drugs, but they make sure everyone has a clean needle to use and they dispose of the old ones properly as they're medical waste and thery're given for free. 

I don't know why we don't have more leagalized drugs here in America. I don't live in colarado, but I want Pot leagfalized everywhere.

Cigarettes are completely legal, yet more addictive than heroine. 

• Upvote 1

Seeker    116
On 18/01/2017 at 3:24 AM, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

Not really. The withdrawal symptoms of cigarettes aren't even in the same ballpark, though psychologically, they're pretty even, I'd guess.

I'm for fully legalizing all drugs and yes, that includes selling them. Beyond the clichéd libertard "muh personal freedom", these are the reasons why:

1: It takes control of the market away from organized crime and puts it into the hands of entrepreneurs.

2: Those entrepreneurs will pay taxes on their earnings.

3: It will likely bridge into normal society those who use drugs recreationally, seeing as they don't have to fear for their careers, records and lives should they be caught possessing some sort of substance.

4: There are many legitimate uses for drugs, even beyond medicinal marijuana. Ketamine as an antidepressant and MDMA in PTSD-therapy, to name a few.

5: It frees up law enforcement resources to focus on more important stuff... Like murderers, rapists or people driving too fast, whatever.

• Upvote 2

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:24 AM, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

Addiction is half the story.

You can not overdose with cigarettes unless you inject nicotine right into your vein.

Heroin withdrawal can kill hence heroin addiction is brutal.

The pain of withdrawing from hardcore painkillers is torture.

Heroin ruins families, I speak from personal experience. My late father died because of it and my educated academic mother who is recovered is no longer an academic but a retard. Her IQ has dropped massively because of it and her emotional health is shattered. She is a mess even if she's recovered.

Cigarette smoking kills you very very slowly and that is if you smoke like a chimney. Also you can not argue that nicotine addiction is an substance abuse illness because of the vast amount of people who smoke, the lack of withdrawals and the risk compared with killer drugs like heroin.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
  • Upvote 2

The-Jackal    45

I almost clicked they should all be illegal. Damn you, Ryan, putting it in reverse order. Anyway, I share the same view as the Mrs. You should be able to do what you want to yourself, it should only be a crime if it harms someone else.

• Upvote 1

Snip    16

I'm not sure what difference legalising all drugs would make to people who want to use them. It would allow more people to think taking drugs is 'safer' if they were legal but at the end of the day users will get their hands on something if they want / need it badly enough. It is just as easy to get a hold of illegal drugs as it is to acquire and abuse prescription painkillers, both as addictive and destructive as each other. I suppose the same can be said for alcohol and cigarettes but they are looked at differently as the damage to our bodies isn't seen as immediately severe and the risk of sudden death isn't as high as it would be for overdosing on heroin. I once heard someone describe alcohol as a good servant but a bad master, I guess this stands for most drugs....
As for having a system in place for users, I am not sure how this would work, limits would have to be set and I'm not sure it would cut down on people being robbed as the users would have to fund their habit from somewhere and most users are unable to provide for themselves in as much as hold down a job..... maybe it would be an idea for them to grow their own..
I've no real problem with people using drugs, our bodies are our own and it's up to us what we do with them.

3 hours ago, The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy said:

Addiction is half the story.

You can not overdose with cigarettes unless you inject nicotine right into your vein.

Heroin withdrawal can kill hence heroin addiction is brutal.

The pain of withdrawing from hardcore painkillers is torture.

Heroin ruins families, I speak from personal experience. My late father died because of it and my educated academic mother who is recovered is no longer an academic but a retard. Her IQ has dropped massively because of it and her emotional health is shattered. She is a mess even if she's recovered.

Cigarette smoking kills you very very slowly and that is if you smoke like a chimney. Also you can not argue that nicotine addiction is an substance abuse illness because of the vast amount of people who smoke, the lack of withdrawals and the risk compared with killer drugs like heroin.

You can overdose on nicotine, granted it may not be a killer overdose, but it can make you very very sick. This would need a LOT of regular cigarettes for this to happen, but smoking from one of those electronic cigarettes could get you sick. When you think about it, when you smoke a regular cig, you know you're pretty much done with it when it gets down to the butt, but in Ecigarettes, you don't have that and so many peope have gotten sick on these things. 

People are often left"on their own" for recovering from cigarette addiction,  yeah sure there are patches, pills and medicines that someone could take , but these are largely not monitored by the FDA while drug rehab centers can fully  care for and keep an eye on people struggling with Heroine addiction.  and give them methadone.Overall I agree with what you said though, as where I live in America,  in the state I live in there are thousands upon thousands of backlogs for  rape kits because cops are too busy busting minor offences. 

Seeker    116
1 hour ago, Snip said:

I'm not sure what difference legalising all drugs would make to people who want to use them. It would allow more people to think taking drugs is 'safer' if they were legal but at the end of the day users will get their hands on something if they want / need it badly enough. It is just as easy to get a hold of illegal drugs as it is to acquire and abuse prescription painkillers, both as addictive and destructive as each other. I suppose the same can be said for alcohol and cigarettes but they are looked at differently as the damage to our bodies isn't seen as immediately severe and the risk of sudden death isn't as high as it would be for overdosing on heroin. I once heard someone describe alcohol as a good servant but a bad master, I guess this stands for most drugs....
As for having a system in place for users, I am not sure how this would work, limits would have to be set and I'm not sure it would cut down on people being robbed as the users would have to fund their habit from somewhere and most users are unable to provide for themselves in as much as hold down a job..... maybe it would be an idea for them to grow their own.. I've no real problem with people using drugs, our bodies are our own and it's up to us what we do with them.

Oh! I even left out something from my original post, thanks.

6: It makes quality control for the substances possible.

ArseRaptor    76

im actually NOT in favor of the legalization of narcotics...

but, i am however for the decriminalization of narcotics.
instead of a prison sentence, users should me made to go to counseling or community service

Sappho    216
On 2017-01-17 at 6:13 PM, Protejade said:

Most drugs should be legal. But I feel like hardcore things that could seriously hurt you, Like heroin, should be illegal.

Cocaine, weed, LSD and other drugs like those that dont really harm you to the extent of things like meth should be allowed because they are just as damaging as alcohol and alcohol is legal. 

Jade! Cocaine and LSD are harmful. Don't make me get wrinkles worrying about you doing coke.

as for the poll I wouldn't answer any of those, I'd say weed should be legal or at the very least decriminalized. I think I'd be in favour of harder drugs being decriminalized over legal. I think drug addiction is a problem and I don't really want it to be even easier to get ahold of them than it already is. You can say it's people's bodies and their choice but drug addicts cost taxpayers and we don't need that being a bigger issue.

tl;dr weed = legal, others = decriminalize, jade you stop that right now

• Upvote 1

I stand in a peculiar position where I've seen the wonderful effects of heavy drug use and how it impacts none drug users. I do stand by the statement that if its not hurting anyone then do what you like, but actually using drugs goes far beyond just you, whether that's medication or illegal drugs, you impact your money situation, health, family life, relationships, taxes and resources.

I think weed should be legal and everything else decriminalised. Let's be real here, just because youre now eliminating problems associated with illegal drugs, now means we have plenty with it being legal. More education on these products are needed on both the legal and illegal stuff and more resources put out there for rehabilitation is a better solution I think, at least for now.

• Upvote 1

ragreynolds    798
1 hour ago, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

@ragreynolds Can we have another option in the poll for "LegaliZation" as well as LegaliSation? :D  <3 Still love you even though the toptic title is spelled a little wrong. 

Here in the United Kingdom, where English was created, we spell that word with an 's'. It's only over in Americaland that it is spelled with a 'z'. 

• Upvote 3

Protejade    16
12 hours ago, Sappho said:

Jade! Cocaine and LSD are harmful. Don't make me get wrinkles worrying about you doing coke.

as for the poll I wouldn't answer any of those, I'd say weed should be legal or at the very least decriminalized. I think I'd be in favour of harder drugs being decriminalized over legal. I think drug addiction is a problem and I don't really want it to be even easier to get ahold of them than it already is. You can say it's people's bodies and their choice but drug addicts cost taxpayers and we don't need that being a bigger issue.

tl;dr weed = legal, others = decriminalize, jade you stop that right now

I actually agree with this

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, MyVagMadeMeDoIt said:

@ragreynolds Can we have another option in the poll for "LegaliZation" as well as LegaliSation? :D  <3 Still love you even though the toptic title is spelled a little wrong. 

Fucking American trash. Learn English

English Pride 💪🏻

jk

Sign in to follow this