Sign in to follow this  
ragreynolds

House of Cards

HOUSE OF CARDS DISCUSSION AND APPRECIATION THREAD.

KEVIN SPACEY IS DADDY AF.

FRANK UNDERWOOD IS MY LOVE.

1.gif4.gif
5.gif
3.gif6.gif

• Upvote 1

Francis Urquhart was the original daddy. It was Mattie's daddy fetish. I love the English version, the American one is too long to be honest with you.

Plus, I find English politics much more interesting. It was easier for me to understand the politics behind the UK version which helped me get into it much quicker. I never finished the American version, I lost interest.

1360955199552.cached.jpg

'You might very well think that, but I couldn't possibly comment'

Also 'To Play The King' was fucking brilliant which was not possible to be adopted on the American version because they have no King, really.

The fact that you have a King that gets into Party politics and publically supports the opposition, is fucking mind-blowing and watching it play out is bloody interesting.

Edited by The_Right_Honourable_Jimmy
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, His_Majesty_Jimmy_I said:

I sort of regained interest, I'm on season 4 at the moment, just started. I still the UK one was better but I'm slowly falling in love with Spacey.

I'm gonna watch the UK one

• Upvote 1

I just finished season 5 and I loved it however I had some exceptions that would have made it better

After the election, Frank talked about a president being decided with flipping a coin if the house can't decide. The fact that the vote didn't even go to the house again at the end annoyed me. Also I'm not sure about the series focusing on Claire now as president. Plus, I really want Francis to actually betray Stamper like he does in the UK version.