Message of the day

buy a fridge retard

Join a club

Maybe even start your own.

Click here to get started

Rara

Favorite Anime

Rara    20

What is your favorite Anime, ones you want to watch, and overall recommendations? 

Ive always have a spot for Deathnote and Ouran Highschool Host Club. 

I'm in the middle of watching Your Lie in April and have been told to watch Yuri on Ice because it "will complete my life".

tumblr_n6zdznFC3z1s8fbpgo3_r1_250.gif

• Upvote 2

ArseRaptor    76

i used to be more into japanese animation, i grew up watcing dragonball, bleach, inuyasha, naruto, one piece and a few more i cant remember...

maybe ill take up anime again, dont know which ones ill start with.

• Upvote 1

Raft    9

Gundam Wing

Dragon Ball Z/ Dragon Ball Super

Naruto/ Naruto Shippuden

Bleach

Hunter x Hunter

Inuyasha

Yu Yu Hakusho

Rurouni Kenshin

Samurai 7

Samurai Champloo

Gundam Seed/ Gundam Seed Destiny

Outlaw Star

Sword Art Online

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Code Geass/ Code Geass R2

Utawarerumuno 

Those ^ are all pretty much action anime (shonen) so if you're not into those series might not be for you.

DN Angel

True Tears

Clannad

5 cm per second

Lovely Complex

Love Hina

Suzuka

^those are all drama/slice of life type anime series I liked.

There are more that i can't think of off the top of my head. Feel free to pm me if you want more anime from me

• Upvote 1

Sappho    216

For television shows I like Card Captors, Chobits, Sailor Moon.

For movies anything by Studio Ghibli.

basically main stream anime 

• Upvote 1

SkyBlu    157

Parasyte. 

I really enjoyed Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Durarara!!! (need to finish the new series though, ja feel?)

I would say Bleach but that left a really sour taste in my mouth :|

Psycho Pass

Berserk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Part 4 was reeeeeally good)

One of those is probably my favourite

• Upvote 1

The-Jackal    45

Either Seinfeld or King of the Hill, I only partake in the most refined of anime.

• Downvote 1

Viiolai    213
10 hours ago, Rara said:

What is your favorite Anime, ones you want to watch, and overall recommendations? 

Ive always have a spot for Deathnote and Ouran Highschool Host Club

Ouran is definitely one of my faves I must have watched it at least 5 times in the passed few years. 

Deathnote I recently got my flatmate into and he loved the deduction and strategy aspect of it, which is why I liked it too!

10 hours ago, n00gai said:

i used to be more into japanese animation, i grew up watcing dragonball, bleach, inuyasha, naruto, one piece and a few more i cant remember...

maybe ill take up anime again, dont know which ones ill start with.

I grew up watching Yu Gi Oh, Digimon, Pokemon etc

Inuyasha is the first anime I EVER completed. It is also my ALL TIME FAVOURITE!!!! <33 Also currently attempted to rewatch Naruto, from the beginning! One I finish it all the way up to the movies I may rewatch Bleach too.

6 hours ago, Raft said:

Sword Art Online

That was one of THE MOST frustrating anime I have ever watched and I LOVED it, couldn't watch the second season though, was a bit too much.

4 hours ago, Sappho said:

For television shows I like Card Captors, Chobits, Sailor Moon.

For movies anything by Studio Ghibli.

I used to watch Sailor Moon all the time when I was a kid :ilu: but completely forgot about it till I was maybe 13/14, I still remembered the words to the intro, it was amazing... My mum reminded me that I used to watch it, I was so confused as to why I knew the words until she told me that.

Seeker    116

Off the top of my head:

Code Geass (first season)

Yu-Gi-Oh! (Season 0, the one where Yuugi is beaten to a pulp every other episode)

Love Hina

Akame ga Kill (haven't finished yet, but so far, so good)

Initial D (same thing with above, I only watch it for the soundtrack tho)

Tyrantblade    4

I have 3 current favorites, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto; and One Piece; and im counting all parts of the first two (since they were multiple series animes; instead of just one ridiculously long Anime).

Bleach used to be one of my favorites; but i feel like it went way downhill after the Hueco Mundo arc.

Ive watched thousands of episodes though and there were lots that could have been favorites if they were longer.

SkyBlu    157
On 05/08/2017 at 2:34 AM, Tyrantblade said:

I have 3 current favorites, Dragon Ball Z, Naruto; and One Piece; and im counting all parts of the first two (since they were multiple series animes; instead of just one ridiculously long Anime).

Bleach used to be one of my favorites; but i feel like it went way downhill after the Hueco Mundo arc.

Ive watched thousands of episodes though and there were lots that could have been favorites if they were longer.

One Piece's animation went to shit after the timeskip, it's tragic.

On 04/08/2017 at 6:45 AM, Oppi said:

tfw nobody has mentioned Serial Experiments Lain yet ;(

image.thumb.png.3b9171788fca4871e9ad62dc27d01108.png

educate me

SkyBlu    157
7 hours ago, Oppi said:

Elaborate? On why it's good? What it's about?

y e s 

Oppi    33
14 hours ago, SkyBlu said:

y e s 

Basically, it's a really weird show with trippy visuals and not a ton of dialogue, telling most of the story through it's atmosphere. It's about a girl called Lain and her experience with the Internet, but is also quite a bit more than that. It touches on quite a few philosophical concepts and predicted the modern Internet (namely, our obsession with it). It's not a show for everyone given how different it is from literally anything else out there, but I love it.

EDIT: In some ways, I get FLCL vibes from it with how weird it is, despite how vastly different the story and tone is.

Edited by Oppi
  • Upvote 1

Viiolai    213

So it took me a while but just a little update, I've been watching loads of Naruto and have finally gotten to Shippuden. I had to skip most of the fillers before it though because they were just a waste and I was starting to recognise the episodes that I was watching. Mind end up having to do that for Shippuden though too because I've gotten to the part where...

Spoiler

the akatsuki have Gaara and are draining him...

and I'm starting to recognise shit again. I wish I never stopped watching it now because I just can't remember where I was T-T